The M-2000C and complexity - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Zeus67
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 18
Zeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of lightZeus67 is a glorious beacon of light
Default The M-2000C and complexity

Hello folks,

I just want to make you aware of something that can become an issue, or not. It depends on you actually.
The aircraft is slowly becoming more complex with each update. The next update will bring a major change to the radar. From this update forward you will not only have to fly the aircraft but also manage the radar as well.
The antenna is now fully stabilized, except in Close Combat Mode, and with that you will need to play close attention to the antenna elevation. You no longer can scan by pointing the aircraft up or down.
So you will have to pay attention to where the antenna is looking at.

Also, this means that it will take time to set the aircraft up for combat. This is not critical if you start from the ramp or the runway. But it will if you start from the air.
Most airborne mission place the enemies at 20 to 40 nmiles away and frankly that distance is quite low at the speeds you will be traveling. Trying to set the M-2000C systems (radar, ecm, rwr, etc) for combat will take some minutes of your time and in this case you will still be heads down when you are in weapons range and will be blown from the sky.

So my recommendation is, if you have a HOTAS system to set it up for radar/weapons management. If you don't select a series of key presets that will help you work the radar/weapons. Trying to set things up on the fly with the mouse is prohibitively long in missions where the enemy is too close (60 nmiles or less).

I believe that you should keep these mapped to keyboard/HOTAS system:

• Radar antenna elevation (we will enable an axis)
  • TDC (the axis problem will be solved at the same time with the antenna axis creation).
  • Radar IFF interrogation/NWS
  • Radar IFF interrogation panel switch (off/sec/cont)
  • Close Combat Modes
  • Radar range selector
  • Radar PRF switch (it will become very important in the near future)
  • Jammer
  • Master arm switch
  • Magic Select switch
  • Super 530D select (the button next to Magic select, a.k.a. Weapons 2 Selector)
  • Gun select

Optional:
  • Radar bar selector
  • Radar azimuth selector

Please be advised that the radar search cone for 60 azimuth and 4 bars is now smaller. The lateral width remains at 120º degrees but the height has been reduced from 12º to 8º. The reason is that at 4 bars, the antenna overlaps the previous scan elevation. For this reason radar antenna elevation management has become critical.

Another change that will be coming is the lock/unlock buttons.
It seems that there are two buttons. One lock/unlock toggle and another toggles between TWS and STT.
This change is coming, as soon as I solve the coding problems for the TWS/STT toggle and the auto STT.

While the main topic of this initial post seems to be about the radar, actually it isn't. It is about workload management.

From the next update onward your cockpit workload will increase. So be prepared for it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."
Zeus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
VTJG17_Fire

Reputation power: 31
VTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to allVTJG17_Fire is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to VTJG17_Fire

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the radar improvements.

I have some of the keys already on may HOTAS and Thrustmaster MFDs.
Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
VTJG17_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
GGTharos
Veteran

Reputation power: 305
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

Pretty much par for the course, same as fc3 f15. HOTAS FTW, good work :-)

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Last edited by GGTharos; 03-05-2016 at 09:17 PM.
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
Hook47

Reputation power: 8
Hook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the roughHook47 is a jewel in the rough

Outstanding! This is where a full switch by switch 4th gen fighter really starts to shine! It challenges the pilots work load management ability which will set pilots apart.

Great job, Razbam, this aircraft is coming along incredibly well and I haven't regretted buying into the beta for a second. Keep up the great communication!
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Rlaxoxo

Reputation power: 7
Rlaxoxo is a jewel in the roughRlaxoxo is a jewel in the roughRlaxoxo is a jewel in the roughRlaxoxo is a jewel in the roughRlaxoxo is a jewel in the roughRlaxoxo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
Pretty much lost for the course, same as fc3 f15. HOTAS FTW, good work :-)
HOKAS -> HOTAS
Rlaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
pered

Reputation power: 6
pered is on a distinguished road

Best news of the year, keep it up Razbam!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
dartuil

dartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura about

Im prepared for it Im playing only M2000C.
So Im ready buddy bring it on 1.5.3 as 2.0 is empty in MP.
i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals
dartuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #8
Enduro14

Enduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the roughEnduro14 is a jewel in the rough

Can't wait bring on the work! My vote 2.0 better terrain and environment plus it runs better
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
dartuil

dartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura aboutdartuil has a spectacular aura about

Yes BUT so empty in MP, i cant believe it.
2.0 is so better.
i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals
dartuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #10
FeistyLemur

Reputation power: 4
FeistyLemur has a spectacular aura aboutFeistyLemur has a spectacular aura aboutFeistyLemur has a spectacular aura aboutFeistyLemur has a spectacular aura aboutFeistyLemur has a spectacular aura about

I'm waiting till this module is further along in development but am very interested in it. Having a realistic interceptor to learn besides the mig21 will be fantastic.
FeistyLemur is offline   Reply With Quote