Cockpit of DCS F/A-18C is Not Accurate!

tifafan

It' seems that ED has corrected this problem.

No need to read the text below.

I don't know if ED is aware of this.But it's not too late to modify it.

Please look at the UFC panel,DCS ver. is less protruding comparing the real one.

The structure is not accurate...

DCS F/A-18C cockpit:

2uE8rGS.jpg

And Real One!

ju7oyr.jpg

I will list two 3D models made by randomtroubledmind in:https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/3c5rw3/dcs_fa18c_cockpit_is_disappointing/

This is DCS ver.

1EArx1w.png

Real one

Nmh3zoz.png

Edited by tifafan

There's several differences between those shots, as well as areas that obviously wip.

You'd need to know exactly which model the rl aircraft is.

But Cockpit UFC panel is the same.....

I can't see what the problem is,aslo the cockpit is WIP.

ok ... I am so confused here. What's wrong?

The UFC panel is less protruding comparing the real one...

Edited by tifafan

Is not even out yet and we are already looking for discrepancies? ok thanks, I can't wait for release day, people will go nuts I guess.

As Vitesse2l pointed, any chance we know the F/A-18 version on the picture? I mean more that it's a C. What year was the photo taken? What updates has the aircraft gone through? What was the BuNo or that aircraft? etc. How does it compare to the version ED and partners is modeling? Is it the same version, same year, etc? Not saying ED version is wrong or right, I simply would like more information if we could find it or help find it.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Is not even out yet and we are already looking for discrepancies? ok thanks, I can't wait for release day, people will go nuts I guess.

Because it's WIP so it's still not to late to modify....Or it's a little to late when it's out..

I don't even know if ED is aware of this.

Because it's WIP so it's still not to late to modify....Or it's a little to late when it's out..

I don't even know if ED is aware of this.

F-86 came out when and it's still WIP? We have time.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Is not even out yet and we are already looking for

As Vitesse2l pointed, any chance we know the F/A-18 version on the picture? I mean more that it's a C. What year was the photo taken? What updates has the aircraft gone through? What was the BuNo or that aircraft? etc. How does it compare to the version ED and partners is modeling? Is it the same version, same year, etc? Not saying ED version is wrong or right, I simply would like more information if we could find it or help find it.

The structure of F/A-18A or C cockpit is basicly the same.In this Case, UFC panel structure is notaccurate.I'm not saying the instrument is not accurate.It's the structure!

The structure of F/A-18A or C cockpit is basicly the same.In this Case, UFC panel structure is notaccurate.I'm not saying the instrument is not accurate.It's the structure!

That's Cool, so do we have any info on the aircraft from the picture? Where was it taken? what year? anything?

To whom it may concern,

I'm sure it's been changed for the better since every other pit is amazing and in 3D or vr. Those are some early work in progress photos anyway. Good to bring it up but I'm sure we won't get any answers until the f18c thread is moved out of the Chit Chat section

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

That's Cool, so do we have any info on the aircraft from the picture? Where was it taken? what year? anything?

This picture...Sorry I can't.The pictures I can tell about what you ask is all about CF-18....But as I said the structure is the same.

I will post a video about CF-18.Please look at the UFC panel. [ame]

[/ame]
  • Like 1

As far as I know,It's not....

It's a Screencaps from Wags's Stream

Alright, this screencap is indeed more convincing, that it is still a problem. I hope it will get corrected.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Alright, this screecap is indeed more convincing, that it is still a problem. I hope it will get corrected.

It's harder and harder to change the cockpit 3D model When time passing by because plenty of work have been done about the cockpit.So if change the 3D model,there will be also plenty work need to be modify.

There was big huff on reddit about this a while back (google reddit dcs F-18 ) . Personally even if it is a bit shallow it doesn't matter to me. Most likely the only reason it sticks out so far in the real jet is there is not enough room to push it back, a problem we don't have in the virtual world.

Edited by Rangi
Auto smiley's

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

There was big huff on reddit about this a while back (google reddit dcs F-18 ) . Personally even if it is a bit shallow it doesn't matter to me. Most likely the only reason it sticks out so far in the real jet is there is not enough room to push it back, a problem we don't have in the virtual world.

Yes,I quoted two 3d model pictures from that thread.

It's not a big matter,but I still feel a little uncomfortable about the inaccurate.

It's easy to get many F/A-18C cockpit images,I don't understand why ED made this baffling mistake...