Satiek combat pedals, toe brake take apart?

@HiWayMy Saitek Combat Rudder Pedal is over 8 years old, toe brakes still working, but the rudder pot probably needs cleaning or an upgrade to the Hall sensor in the future.  By the looks of your previous post, you used part of the original Pot a neodymium magnet, and the Honeywell ss485A hall effect sensor to fix the problem.  

Good work sir. 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Hi. Sorry, but I don't know yours background, so I'll try to explain on basic level.

The idea is to replace noisy analogue potentiometer. Usually, in joystick potentiometer used to generate voltage level as divider between 5v and 0v (GND).

One pin of potentiometer connected to 5Volt, another one to the Ground and the middle pin is an output. Same connection you do with the hall sensor.

Let's take for example SS485A see datasheet on page 4:

https://www.digikey.com/short/df3hvw0c

image.png

You can see one pin (+) another one (-) and (O) output. It will out voltage from 0.5v to 4.5v depending on distance between sensor and magnet.

In example of what I did- I took a regular potentiometer and used it as mechanical support for sensor and magnet. When the potentiometer rode is rotated, the distance between sensor and magnet change and output voltage following this.

Magnet was glued with epoxy glue.

I used 5mm*3mm magnet from aliexpress or Amazon.

In general, it's try-and-error kind of. You can calibrate by changing the distance between magnet and sensor. In my case it was easy just banding sensor out of magnet 🧲.

I soldered sensor on potentiometer pins and cut them (disconnect) from the resistors.

5mm diameter of magnet allows to rotate about 30 degrees to get out of magnetic field completely. Means you have +/- 30 degrees rotating.

Sorry for long explanation

check pictures and video on above post

Let me know if more information will require.

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.