Simple Range Script - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 09:15 PM   #1
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Default Simple Range Script

I've knocked together a simple Range Script inspired by SNAFU's original here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109174

It has the ability to track all bombs / rockets fired at a Trigger Zone as well as counting shots fired at a strafe pit.

I highly recommend this script is used with this great mod: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/down...do=file&id=287

It also includes a per user and server wide scoreboard for bombing runs and strafe pit runs. The score will be kept until the mission changes, even if you leave the server and rejoin or change aircrafts. There is an option to reset your personal score if you want

Download and Guide: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Quick demo mission run through. The demo mission is purposely sparse and uses no mods so anyone can give it a quick try

Please let me know if you need any help setting it up or have any suggestions or even if you use it!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 01-06-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
Midnight

Thanks Ciri, I can feel a "HAWGSMOKE" coming soon!

http://www.vsaaf.co.za
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
Pikey
Veteran

Argh, we were going to release ours, have to test this out, curious how you got on with the bombs.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
Pikey
Veteran

Ah same the +5 above ground. Its a bit troublesome for low angle rockets. The strafe process is very similar, but the messaging flow for each person is much nicer. It's also cool how you don't need to list the pilots and units on the range, it just grabs them. This script will feature very highly on our maps, thanks you loads!
Old 01-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #5
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Ah same the +5 above ground. Its a bit troublesome for low angle rockets. The strafe process is very similar, but the messaging flow for each person is much nicer. It's also cool how you don't need to list the pilots and units on the range, it just grabs them. This script will feature very highly on our maps, thanks you loads!
No worries! Let me know if you have any issues

As I said in the PM, I'll work on the bombing targets calculation as you're right in that low angle rocket attacks won't be marked as accurately.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

New version of the Simple Range Script v.1.1

Make sure you have the latest MIST 4.0.57 !

Change log:
  • Added Weapon type used on the bombing target to the results display
  • Increased personal score boards to 20 rather than 10 entries
  • Increased Server score length to top 15 rather than top 10
  • Changed system for measuring distance from target to weapon impact for better accuracy

Download and Guide: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRangeScript

Old 01-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #7
chromium
3rd Party Developer

Is this script able to track both rockets lauched in a pairs? (common Ka-50 situation)

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.
chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #8
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Yes it'll track un guided rockets fine, no matter how many you fire.

For guided, it depends on what weapon category they're in. You can make it track more weapon types by editing this line: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...cript.lua#L303

Old 01-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #9
DarkFire

Is the script for the A-10C only or does it work with any DCS World aircraft? I can see this being very useful for creating A2G training mission! Great work!
DarkFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #10
mwd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire View Post
Is the script for the A-10C only or does it work with any DCS World aircraft? I can see this being very useful for creating A2G training mission! Great work!
It notice the bomb, rocket or gun impact, not the aircraft.

Edit: Problems:

I run your test mission and i fly over the red smoke at the begin of the Range - but i don`t get the message "New callsign rolling in on left zone"!

Problem with the message system under stable 1.5.2?

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

Last edited by mwd2; 01-09-2016 at 08:56 AM.
mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote