DCS 1.5.2 Module Install Failures

Gizzy

SSD is getting congested with all the DCS versions.

Tried the 1.2 upgrade to 1.5 path but DCS was not stable with various crashes that may of been MOD related so went for a virgin 1.5.2 install.

Uninstalled 1.5 via W10 program manager.

Deleted 1.5 directory in c:\Programs

Deleted Saved Games 1.5.

DCS 1.5.2 Virgin Install.....

DCS installed fine. GREAT...

Logged into Module Manager, it pops up and says to install L-39, VEAO_HAWK, F-86F, FW-190D9, MI-8MTV2, UH-1H, A-10C, P-51D & KA-50

Okay, Good...

This procedure started but only installed just the L39C.

The rest are not recognised as being purchased.

No amount of logging out, logging in or rebooting changes anything....

Chizh in releasing 1.5.2 states

Note. All products (modules) should be installed via ingame Module Manager only. Dedicated installers will not be provided anymore.

So now what?

Log File attached. It would seem that torrents shut down on the Hawk module...

Happy New Year....

autoupdate_log.zip

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

• ED Team

Thank you for the detailed report.

Seems like bad timing - we had a serious problem with one of the servers which you got into.

Also there's no recovery path when installs for that pop-up fail - a thing to fix.

Meanwhile, drop this bat file into your DCS folder and run it once - it will install all your modules but the L-39 which managed to succeed.

Gizzy-install-fix.zip

Edited by c0ff
better wording

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

For info... I think your server is shutting down after just 1 module install and the installer then fires up a new autodate log file.

I disregard it and re-run the install... it finds the old torrents of the installed module and asks to delete... once deleted it checks and then starts another.... then closes down... re-run etc.. etc

No probs I'll get them all done in the end...

Thanks again..

SIGBLOCK.png

• ED Team
For info... I think your server is shutting down after just 1 module install and the installer then fires up a new autodate log file.

I disregard it and re-run the install... it finds the old torrents of the installed module and asks to delete... once deleted it checks and then starts another.... then closes down... re-run etc.. etc

No probs I'll get them all done in the end...

Thanks again..

Thank you for the report, we will definitely fix that!

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.