The Enemy Within DLC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-18-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 21
baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Default The Enemy Within DLC

The Enemy Within is a story - driven campaign that puts you in cockpit of an A-10C Warthog, sent as a part of small US detachment to Georgia in order to help contain a growing threat from a terrorist organisation calling itself the "Caucasus Liberation Army" (CLA). As the story unfolds, you will be faced with a variety of challenges, including close air support, precision strikes, combat search and rescue, anti-ship strikes and even air to air combat. Striving to be as realistic as possible, the units featured in the campaign are based on their real-life counterparts. It also uses a sophisticated radio control system, meaning that you have to tune your on-board radios to the correct frequency to be able to hear more than 670 voiceovers included in the campaign. There are also over 80 pages on FRAGOs (fragmentary orders, based on the ones used by US Air Force), 50 pages of briefings and 40 maps and recon photos designed to help you successfully finish all the 21 missions.

DOWNLOAD / STORE PAGE
BRIEFINGS AND DOCUMENTS (PDF, 22Mb)

The Enemy Within DLC Trailer

CAMPAIGN COVER

THE STORY SO FAR

Fall 2014

Georgia is granted NATO Membership Action Plan at the summit in Wales.

November 2014

Russian Ambassador to NATO, Aleksandr Grushko, warns that any expansion of the Alliance to the East will be seen as a direct threat to Russia.

Suicide bomber kills 45 people and wounds 112 during a concert in Freedom Square in Tblisi. A previously unknown organisation calling itself 'Caucaus Liberation Army (CLA)' claims responsibility for the attack.

December 2014

Two bombs explode during a friendly football match between Georgia and Armenia in Tblisi, attended by the presidents of both nations. 24 people are killed, at least 50 wounded. CLA warns that this is just the beginning of their campaign, though refuses to state its goals.

January 2015

Russia strengthens its forces in North Caucasus in response to the "imminent terrorist threat", claiming links between CLA and the Caucasus Emirate.

A few rockets are shot at Georgian military base in the north of the country. 3 soldiers are wounded.

February 2015

Another two CLA attacks claim lives of 25 people. Georgian authorities ask NATO for assistance.

March 2015

Georgian Mi8 is shot down in the mountains north of Tblisi. Georgian military claims that the terrorists are establishing bases near the border with Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Border Police arrests more than 100 illegal immigrants trying to enter the country from Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia, some of them of Lebanese origin, many carrying weapons and explosives.

Without official NATO decision being taken, US President decides to support the Georgians with the squadron of A10C's from the 74th Flying Tigers. 8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th.

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 12-19-2015 at 10:36 AM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
baltic_dragon

baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light

And for those who have played the first version of the campaign (actually: the second, full version with 18 missions) a short summary of what has changed:

- 80 pages of FRAGOs (fragmentary orders), based on the ones used by military in real operations
- around 50 pages of briefing / objectives text
- around 40 maps and recon photos
- 3 totally new missions and additional tasks in two others
- a total of 672 voiceovers in the campaign (so more than 150 new ones, something new is happening in almost every mission)
- total number of missions: 21 (I would estimate that gives around 30-35 hours to finish the campaign, give or take)
Old 12-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Fred00

Reputation power: 3
Fred00 is on a distinguished road

Purchased! Been waiting for this and I have never played any of the missions before. I'm really hoping this is what I feel have been missing in DCS: a really good campaign. The A-10C may not be my favorite aircraft, but it doesn't matter. Content is king!
Fred00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #4
winz

Reputation power: 34
winz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to allwinz is a name known to all

Purchased! Cannot wait to play through the upgraded version
winz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
Brixmis

Reputation power: 8
Brixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really nice

Thanks for uploading the briefings and documents separately. I've been holding off playing the old 'free' version so it wouldn't spoil the full monty.

I really need to find some time, then I'll fly it and post full AARs on my website.

Well done.
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
Fred00

I've just completed the first mission. Great build-up! One question: how does the campaign react to a failed mission. Does it go forward either way or can you do the mission again?
Old 12-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixmis View Post
Thanks for uploading the briefings and documents separately. I've been holding off playing the old 'free' version so it wouldn't spoil the full monty.

I really need to find some time, then I'll fly it and post full AARs on my website.

Well done.
Great! Looking forward to your reports! Have fun!
Old 12-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
baltic_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred00 View Post
I've just completed the first mission. Great build-up! One question: how does the campaign react to a failed mission. Does it go forward either way or can you do the mission again?
As it is story driven it won't force you a step back. If you utterly fail (I.e die) you will be forced to replay the mission. If you don't get your objectives but manage to land in one piece it will still progress - you will get a different debriefing though depending on what you accomplish. You can always refly the mission you are not happy with by choosing an option in the debriefing screen.

Currently if you eject but manage to destroy your targets before, the mission will progress When doing some major update I might add a good script from Yurgon that will count ejection as failure.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #9
Fred00

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
As it is story driven it won't force you a step back. If you utterly fail (I.e die) you will be forced to replay the mission. If you don't get your objectives but manage to land in one piece it will still progress - you will get a different debriefing though depending on what you accomplish. You can always refly the mission you are not happy with by choosing an option in the debriefing screen.

Currently if you eject but manage to destroy your targets before, the mission will progress When doing some major update I might add a good script from Yurgon that will count ejection as failure.
Thanks, that's good to know!
Old 12-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
hannibal

Reputation power: 22
hannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nicehannibal is just really nice

hi... is there coop missions in this DLC?

thanks...
hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote