Slmod for DCS 1.5/2.0

After a few months of tweaks, waiting for expansion to the API, and a ton of testing slmod is now in a workable state for release. Note you will likely encounter bugs.

I've tested this on the latest 2.5.5.

Install

Download the master branch on github. Copy scripts folder into C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS (folder of choice)

When you first run DCS after installing slmod a new folder named "slmod" in saved games\DCS will be created. Within this folder is the config file which you can use to setup slmod as you desire. Additionally you can place missions within the missions folder for slmod to list the available missions when you want to change the mission as admin.

If you want to disable slmod you can simply open the file 'Scripts/Hooks/slmodGameGui.lua' and comment out the slmod code.

What is SLMOD

SLMOD is a server side mod that adds server administration tools, stats, and enhanced mission scripting capabilities. It is worth noting that the scripting engine is now capable of most if not all of the scripting functions slmod adds, so it primarily should be considered a server admin mod.

For more information on slmod check out the thread by its original creator Speed.

Known Issues/Bugs

-All "text" messages are sent at a group level, so if the mission has multiple flights per group the other players in your group will see the message intent for you. There is nothing I can do about this until ED implement the a message to Unit or message to player functionality.

-restart command not functional due to not knowing the name of the current mission

-If you are going to use SLMODs "pause when empty" feature I highly recommend unchecking the options when creating a server in the advanced menu so that slmod and the server settings don't potentially "fight" one another.

Please report bugs and issues you come across in this thread. I've made this new thread since its more relevant here than in mods. :music_whistling:

Edited by Grimes
  • Like 3

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Awesome..........;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

In 2.0 '-admin restart' seems not to work. I get the chat message that it's restarting but nothing happens. No *.log entry either. Loading the mission with '-admin load X' functions properly. Maybe that is addicted to the "dont know what mission is running" thing...

Edited by blaueente

bug report.

if installed on a 'part time server' (hosting sometimes playing on other servers sometimes)

when joining other server the dialog box does not show up (thats the box on the right that shows mission messages like the ctld script for picking up and droping off troops)

as a host these messages show correctly.

Thanks Grimes. Your hard work is appreciated.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

In 2.0 '-admin restart' seems not to work. I get the chat message that it's restarting but nothing happens. No *.log entry either. Loading the mission with '-admin load X' functions properly. Maybe that is addicted to the "dont know what mission is running" thing...

It is, forgot to add it to the list.

bug report.

if installed on a 'part time server' (hosting sometimes playing on other servers sometimes)

when joining other server the dialog box does not show up (thats the box on the right that shows mission messages like the ctld script for picking up and droping off troops)

as a host these messages show correctly.

Yeah, this is my highest priority to fix it at the moment. I also forgot to mention it in the first post. For now disable slmod in userGameGUI.lua if you plan to play the game for anything but server hosting.

I admire your focussed dedication. Your (community) efforts make DCS more then a game with nice objects.

I advise ED to take you extremely serious. You are a blessing and a valuable asset.

:v:

Edited by piXel496
DCS will be an interesting place again when the .lua is unleached.

Uploaded new version on github. The issue with messages not displaying if you have slmod installed as a client should be fixed. Gonna look into the chat and stats display next.

custom_MOTD function is trimming off one character to much on the right end.

For example, custom_MOTD = "Welcome to my server."

shows as "Welcome to my server"

Workaround: custom_MOTD = "Welcome to my server.."

:)

EDIT: I also suggest to show the MOTD first when the user is seated in the cockpit and display it in text message, not chat.

Edited by HiJack

Thanks for testing the mission scripting functions :)

The reason text is getting cutoff actually has to do with one of the chat functions. For some reason certain messages have a hidden extra character. So in lazy programmer fashion I've just trimmed the message by a character for now with the intent of going back and doing a proper fix. Basically it was preventing many chat commands from working and was driving me utterly crazy.

Thanks for testing the mission scripting functions :)

The reason text is getting cutoff actually has to do with one of the chat functions. For some reason certain messages have a hidden extra character. So in lazy programmer fashion I've just trimmed the message by a character for now with the intent of going back and doing a proper fix. Basically it was preventing many chat commands from working and was driving me utterly crazy.

No problem. I guessed that the trim had other implications ;)