PVI-800 Bug

ajax

The PVI-800 will not allow entry of any western longitude > 99° 59.9' . I assume that because there was no need to do so earlier, this bug has gone unnoticed. However, with the advent of NTTR there is a need to enter these coordinates. This is not just a 2.0 open alpha issue -- the bug is present in 1.2.16 too. The original posts are here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154106 and here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=154300

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for a DCS Team member or Tester to acknowledge this post and report this bug? It's not a superficial cosmetic-type bug -- it's one of the most used avionics functions of the Kamov. So it's kind of a big deal for us Black Shark pilots.

• 2 weeks later...

Reported. Thanks.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed it yesterday too when Id like to create a WPTs in Flight Plan on Abris. Please to fix it.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

You can create a Flight Plan with the Abriss i think, marking new WP with the cursor over the map. But i didn´t try yet.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The Fix.... Its gotta be done.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

You can create a Flight Plan with the Abriss i think, marking new WP with the cursor over the map. But i didn´t try yet.

On ABRIS only its work as You describe, but no on PVI-800.

For proper work in 100% Abris must be connected to PVI-800 and here is a problem.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Far as i know ABRISS and PVI are independent. They are completly autonomous.

The Abriss is not connected with the PVI-800 at all, only with the datalink system and the Shkval. And the navigation system uses only the PVI-800 for autopilot modes, HSI, etc.

But again i´m not sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

But the autopilot Route mode uses only PVI-800 waypoints, not ABRISS flight plan.

The HSI also uses only PVI-800 Waypoints. It can´t show distance/bearing to a WP using the ABRISS flight plan if that is different from PVI-800 WP´s.

It´s possible to have several WP in the PVI and a different Flight plan loaded in the ABRISS, but the nvaigation system is using only PVI information, both in the HSI, and the HUD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ABRIS is linked with the Datalink system, but not with the navigation system.

As Mirmidón says navigation system is linked only to the PVI-800. You can have a 56 WP flightplan in the ABRIS, but only 6 WP in the PVI, that is the nav system linked to the HUD and the instruments.

But the autopilot Route mode uses only PVI-800 waypoints, not ABRISS flight plan.

If you make a NAV TGT point with the Shkval and PVI-800, it shows up on the ABRIS correctly, so St3v3f is correct—there is some interconnection. It's just purely one-way. Nothing in the K-041 nav/targeting complex is drawn from the ABRIS, but the ABRIS does draw some information of various types from the K-041 system. (It's misleading to think of 'the datalink' and 'the PVI-800' as different pieces—they're both components in the overall Rubikon system.) (There's also the occasional debate about whether the GLONASS in the ABRIS is linked to the PVI for INS updates; whether or not it's actually true, I like to claim it is, since we don't have INS drift. :P)

You are generally correct, though, that making an ABRIS flight plan will not drive the navigation systems, and outside of manual copying, there's no way to move an ABRIS flight plan into the K-041 system.

• Like 1

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Aside from manually entering the 6 first waypoints in your route into the PVI-800 and when you reach number 6, the following 6.... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• ED Team

Fishbreath is correct.

The ABRIS only receives data from other systems, it does not send data to other systems. Aside from the basic instruments (INU, GNSS, altimeters, etc) that keep the ABRIS display correctly showing nav data, the ABRIS displays the following:

1) Datalink symbols in the form of target and wingman icons.

2) TGT points from the PVI-800

3) Shkval azimuth and estimated range

Again, it only displays this information, it has no effect on it. A preplanned flight path in the mission editor will already come pre-loaded into the ABRIS and PVI (the latter of course being only the first 5 waypoints after the departure airfield) which is why it appears the ABRIS and PVI talk to each other. But the only interaction between the two systems is the PVI tells the ABRIS to display a flashing square at the location of a selected TGT point.

Some further clarification regarding the PVI, there are only 5 waypoints available, and 2 additional airfield waypoints. A mission that departs from an airfield or FARP will have the starting point as Airfield Point #1, and the next waypoint as WP#1. If the pre-planned flight path has the player landing at a different airbase/FARP than the takeoff location, than the PVI flight plan will actually consist of 7 points: AF1, WP#1-WP#5, AF2.

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to enter N37*17.5' W115*14.0' coordinates today to use the Ka-50 and found this bug.

Trying to figure this out I entered N37*17.5' E115*14.0' maybe it will ignore hemisphere but now I am navigating to a point 267km away but in reality this point is thousands and thousands of km away from Nevada. So also all possible transients of prime meridian and/or equator should be looked at to match real equipment behavior. Can INS computer calculate great circle steering for any two coordinates (non-constant heading solutions)? What do nav instruments show for very distant destinations?

• 4 weeks later...