The program is damaged. Please repair or reinstall Error

DerekSpeare

So this is a new one. All I did was start the program. Nothing on the system has changed and the hardware is fine. What to do without needing to reinstall this again?

Capture.PNG.6673678f3301ddaea6b65b972a75b16d.PNG

Edited by BIGNEWY
Title

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it (no updates) and the same message comes up.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Updated to the latest version and still get this message.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• ED Team

Hi DerekSpeare,

do you have any other software running that my interfere with DCS?

and what anti virus software are you running?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here's the situation: I turned off MSSE when I had the last problem with DCS after this most recent update. I re-enabled MS Security Essentials and then this trouble came up. I uninstalled it (forced with Revo Uninstaller) and still get the error. I cannot reinstall MSSE now, either...strange error when attempting to reinstall.

Anyhow, I am running Malwarebytes now and will uninstall it and run butt-naked to see what I can do. I can assure you there are no oddball programs trying to hook into the DCS executable. Thank you for the replies.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Ok - I uninstalled MBAM and am not running any AV software. I tried to run DCS again and still get the same error. I also tried to reinstall MSSE and it fails; fails in Safe Mode as well. Old DCS v1.2 fires right up without issue.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

something alters the game exe-files so digital signature verification fails

I wonder if this problem relates in some way to the issue I'm having getting dcs_protect.exe to start (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=148260)?

I've tried uninstalling BitDefender and running DCS beta but still get the dcs_protect message. I haven't experienced the message in the OP though.

Edited by JimTM

Thank you - I found a cool hash checker. The screen shot of the SHA test is attached.

C68FCBFC11F08469E5FC4E33B46E01E08F6BE5F295119CA86D782F17D67494D1

Capture.PNG.795746719052a3e8fd576e4b4e55b58b.PNG

Capture2.PNG.2df33e978ee857bc564ae498ada1920a.PNG

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• ED Team
Thank you - I don't know where to check the hash, but the details for DCS.exe are attached.

I think guys may suggest a proven utility. Meanwhile, check the digital signatures tab if they are ok.

Most probably the files are ok, but some AV prevents DCS from checking its signatures.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

I'm not running any AV programs and seem not to be able to install any. It may have been that something slipped in when I disabled MSSE a few days ago.

I posted the hash results previously. The hash matches what you have posted.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• ED Team
I'm not running any AV programs and seem not to be able to install any. It may have been that something slipped in when I disabled MSSE a few days ago.

I posted the hash results previously. The hash matches what you have posted.

Please, post the result for edCore.dll as well.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Please, post the result for edCore.dll as well.

Here's the file - I can't seem to run the hash checking tool any longer.

edCore.zip

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

I have no hair remaining and I had good hair! :/ Can it be solved?

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

I've run three separate scans with recovery CD's of Kapersky, Bitdefender and Avast. Nothing other than a strange potentially false pos with the Milviz F4 and driver sweeper. Other than that, the system is clean.

Any help?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

My money's on MSSE having screwed with something. Even though you've uninstalled it, something may have been left behind (perhaps in the registry) and the fact that you can't reinstall it is ringing alarm bells. Why any of this would affect DCS I don't know but stranger things have happened. Have you got a restore point that you could roll Windows back to?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• ED Team

Have you tried a fresh install yet?

is the milviz F4 a player mod for fc3?

also can you attach your complete logs folder zipped to a post here.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My money's on MSSE having screwed with something. Even though you've uninstalled it, something may have been left behind (perhaps in the registry) and the fact that you can't reinstall it is ringing alarm bells. Why any of this would affect DCS I don't know but stranger things have happened. Have you got a restore point that you could roll Windows back to?

HA! I wish! Since all of my systems are normally maintained in such good order, I never use a restore point...now getting punished for my hubris :mad:

Thank you. I will use restore points in the future.

Have you tried a fresh install yet?

is the milviz F4 a player mod for fc3?

also can you attach your complete logs folder zipped to a post here.

Thanks

I will attempt another reinstallation of DCS again. I am running a fourth pre-boot scan, this time with Windows Defender offline. Then Comodo and then I'll reinstall...grrrr!!!

The Milviz F4 is a payware plane for FSX and P3D. :/

:joystick: :mad:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Uninstalled and reinstalled (will not auto update) - still get the same message.

Edit: Updated and still have the error.

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

• ED Team

thanks

ERROR: HTTPS failed with curl error (51): SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK
INFO : Switching to plain HTTP.

this is a known issue that should be resolved with the next update.

You can work around it by going into windows time and date > region settings, and changing it to another country, then do the update, once it has finished change back.

others have worked around it by using a vpn

hope it helps

Thank you - I am fully updated to the latest version.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

good to hear :)

I can manually update it but still cannot run :(

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare