DCS «MiGs versus Sabers» tournament discussion (EN)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for details on how this will work.

Scenario, Rules of Engagement Etc.

2 out of 3 wins or what?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'm all for doing new and fun things, like this certainly seems to be, but I really hope they construct it in such a way that balance doesn't become an issue.

This is a simulator, and should be realistic rather than balanced.

The bouts should be symmetrized so that it doesn't matter if one plane is stronger than the other, since you have to use both.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

What version of DCS is needed ??

EDIT: DCS 1.5 BETA according to the regulations

Too bad I don't want to install it. I love the tournament idea though. I'll see how it goes and wait for the next iteration.

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Sorry for keeping you waiting!

Regulations_of_DCS_[MiGs_versus_Sabers]_online_tournament are located here (Just uploaded, some addition translation needed in last minutes)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151918

We'll finish topics in an hour or less.

I'm all for doing new and fun things, like this certainly seems to be, but I really hope they construct it in such a way that balance doesn't become an issue.

This is a simulator, and should be realistic rather than balanced.

The bouts should be symmetrized so that it doesn't matter if one plane is stronger than the other, since you have to use both.

the MiG15 and F86 are closely matched. They where so in real life. Only the better pilot is mostly likely to win in a duel of MiG15 vs sabre.

Check my F-15C guide

Hi and Privet :)

I am interested in participating, but I need to know the schedule, if there is any...

I agree. I can't sign up until I know for sure my flights won't take place while I'm at work or otherwise busy.

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

What time are the contests?

Which server? I'd like to check my ping, which is usually too high per the rules.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Thanks for all your questions!

What time are the contests?

Which server? I'd like to check my ping, which is usually too high per the rules.

I agree. I can't sign up until I know for sure my flights won't take place while I'm at work or otherwise busy.

2.11 The server for holding tournaments will be chosen out of the optimum values of ping of participants from different countries.

It means, that we will try to run server in European /North American region, but it is not confirmed.

You can try to connect to the training server of the tournament, which located in Moscow and internet provider have low ping values: «GUNS’N’ROSES Arena Server (SPC)» IP: 89.175.185.195 port 10308. It will give you maximum ping possible in this tournament, so you can decide to sign up or not.

Hi and Privet :)

I am interested in participating, but I need to know the schedule, if there is any...

We don't know how much pilots exactly will participate in this tournament, so we can't tell, how much time do we need.

2.5 Primary distribution in pairs is carried out by draw on 13.11.2015.
In our plan, we will start matches on Saturday 14th, 1200 (GMT+3) and finish first day at 2400 (GMT+3), or even later. Same for Sunday. As for next week, matches will be at 1800 (GMT+3) till 2400 (GMT+3). Once again, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd will be full time days.

Not participating but a I have a question. Will the tournament be streaming live for spectators to watch?

2.13 All matches of the tournament will be played with online transmission at YouTube-channel "ClanOfAces" with obligatory delay of the video stream

We see much more participants as we expected. We'll try to organize our schedule to stream all of them, but second stream may take place. Of course we will announce it. At least at first few days, when number of participants will be at maximum.

You can download full Regulations and find many answers here:

Full Regulations of online tournament DCS "MiGs versus Sabres"

Edited by [52] MI1T

Hi,

Some questions before I sign up :)

Will the F-86 be allowed to carry missiles?

Is there an min. or max. fuel & weight allowance on respective airplane?

Will the dodfight duel start from cold & dark on ground or in the air?

If in air, at what altitude?

What weather conditions?

What visibility options will there be? ie.normal, medium extra large, lables on/off?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Hi,

Some questions before I sign up :)

Will the F-86 be allowed to carry missiles?

Hello!

Thanks for your questions. The answer one first on is No. Guns only.

Will the dodfight duel start from cold & dark on ground or in the air?

If in air, at what altitude?

Answers in Regulations:

8.4 Participants of the fight after the removal of a pause in the mission regardless of the selected type of aircraft have on an equal footing:

Height - 3,000 m;

Speed ​​(East) - 650 km / h.

Quantity of fuel for 11 minutes of battle at maximum capacity (at the ground)

(MiG-15bis - 469 kg, F-86F Sabre - 420 kg).

What weather conditions?

What visibility options will there be? ie.normal, medium extra large, lables on/off?

Simple weather conditions.

Labels definitely off. Visibility options will be at participants choice, we can't force their graphic settings. Also, new sprite system for better contact visibility working in DCS World 1.5+ versions.