Thrustmaster Warthog 5-Pin DIN Connector

Hi everyone,

Im making this post so that it could help people that have broken wires.

After regreasing up my Warthog yesterday my wires broke loose on the 5-Pin DIN connector. Was already afraid this would happen since my the first time i opened up my warthog and could see i already had one damaged wire and the wires connected to the DIN connector were hanging very thin.

Example picture of the DIN connector. Picture is made by a fellow simmer and is not mine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=93923&d=1391533528

Shame AGAIN :mad: on Thrustmaster for the extreme low quality gone in the soldering work etc for such an expensive piece of hardware.

Anyways after this i had to go to work and was looking for a wiring diagram because multiple wires broke loose. Couldnt find any pictures on the net except for a written description on the SimHQ forum by a guy that goes by the name Teej from the Virtual Thunderbirds. Thanks Teej for your description of the wiring helped me repair my DIN and wires :thumbup:

So i decided to make a picture with a descrition where goes what :

pnF3Q1x.jpg

Pay attention if you need to solder the wires that there are 2 black wires. One thin black wire and one thick black wire.

Hope it helps :joystick:

g8PjVMw.png

Very good, this will come in handy for a lot of people. I once needed this but couldn't find it, so I reverse engineered it from pictures... Would have killed for something like this. Thanks for uploading for easy access.

It is not just shoddy soldering though, but the way the wires are guided through the gimbal. The wires are squeezed through a hole in the center block - when pushing the top cup onto the "egg holder", the wires will get damaged when squeezed through the central slit (this may also tear the wires loose from the soldering points).

This is why the wires are squeezed and cut some centimeters down like in your picture.

You can avoid this however: Always remove the magnet (the entire white block with the tiny magnet) from the center block of the top cup so the wires can be lead through the center before attaching/detaching the cup.

You can then push the wires to the side into the hole and push the magnet back in. Recalibrate afterwards!

No pictures unfortunately, but you will understand when you see it.

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

Some great info here guys, thanks very much for sharing!

I have been tempted to try re-greasing my Warthog but have always been afraid due to the stories I have heard about the wires.

Should that time come I feel the need, will be nice to have this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|