[Reported] Eyefinity GUI compressed

ldnz

Hi,

I run 3x 1920x1080 with 144px bezel correction between each as one eyefinity. In standard "1 monitor" or "3 monitor" mode, DCS is fine. On my Eyefinity profile I get the main menu (including settings, etc, everything outside of an actual mission) squished into what looks like one 3rd monitor width starting on the centre monitor (ie x,y position is ok, but width appears 1920/3 instead of 1920). Mouse responds to button positions as if it was displayed at full centre screen width, which makes navigation hard.

If I can click through into a mission everything in mission (GUI, radio menus etc) is all on the centre screen exactly as expected.

eyefinity.lua:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Eyefinity');

Description = 'One monitor configuration w Eyefinity'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = screen.width;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

UIMainView =

{

x = 1920 + 144;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = screen.height;

}

Attached: screenshot, zipped system.nfo

Screen_151002_214100.thumb.jpg.58dea224dcd4b11846f1c4ede838b1f7.jpg

system.zip

Same problem can only use 3 monitor.lua

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Through testing it seems the UIMainView in our monitor configs is what is messing up the menus. If you remove that the menues will appear full screen and buttons will be in the correct location for mouse clicks. I'm still playing with this to try and correctly narrow the menues to my main monitor.

same problem, surprisingly 3 screens I don't get that bad of FPS (30ish), but would like to figure this out because I'd like to get 60fps solid.

So if you are able to click through to flying then everything works. The radio messages and comms menu act as it should. It's only the main screen that gets compressed.

Edited by DayGlow

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Thanks guys, seeing the same.

You can use UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Which will give you functioning UI Across all 3 screens, doesnt work well for odd number setups 1+1, 2+1, 3+1, etc or mixed resolution setups.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hi skate

What exactly is this supposed to do???

'UIMainView = Viewports.Center'

I see zero change here.

This will spread the UI across all 3 monitors (i.e. ViewPorts.Center) so that the bug where it is compressed by 1/3 when using 1screen with 3 screens doesn't occur.

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

Indeed this seems to be at least a minor issue.

Copy what they others are saying I think. I have 3 different resolutions working with 1screen.lua Need to get the GUI on just the center monitor. Many screens stretched a bit too large. Game plays like a F'ing champ though. Thanks for all the hard work ED.

| A-10C | Ka-50 | F-86 | Mig-15 | P-51D |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This topic seems to have either stalled or has been solved through another thread. Last night after posting the latest beta update, I still have the issue of it being compressed in my left monitor as stated in the first post (works fine in 1.2). I am running an EVGA Gtx980 TI. The funny thing is that after I hit certain keystrokes the screen re-appears correctly and the sim works well. Only on initial start up of the program does it consistently compress. If there is a fix, point me in the direction please.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

• 2 months later...

Which key strokes is that, please?

I'm still having this issue with 1.5 and 2.0 (only with 3+1 set-up, set as 1+1 in sim, which works in 1.2.16 - using just the 3 as 1 all is ok).)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

If I wish to click on something in the menu areas, it appears I have to move the cursor down and to the right (actually right off the button) before the button in question gets highlighted to pick.

Is this "GUI variable" issue causing the miss alignment I am experiencing?

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

The GUI size needs to be the size of all 3 monitors to work in 1.5/2.0. Annoying, but it is what it is for now.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Yes it is (1080 x 5770), but there appears to be an issue with registration of the graphics vs the actual touch points on the screen.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I did have a good look at softTh and it looks a good system - but I would prefer to use something like that as a last resort, if the situation can't be remedied within DCS World.

I'm happy to wait a while and see what develops with DCSW 2, but if a solution isn't reached by mid-year, I think other options will have to be implemented.

I wouldn't mind, personally, if the GUI was the size of my 3 main screens, as it is when I don't export anything, but my 4th screen is a different size and resolution and is under the main 3.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi

I'm running 3x 1920x1200 eyefinity (resolution 5760x1200), and when steam uppdated DCS to version 1.5 I got the "squeezed" version of the menus. If I manage to get into a cockpit everything looks fine.

My solution to the problem was to edit my monitors file so that the UIMainView = look like this :

UIMainView =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1200;

}

So if you have problems maybe this will help.

Happy new year!

Edited by Sethoz

Hi

I'm running 3x 1920x1200 eyefinity (resolution 5760x1200), and when steam uppdated DCS to version 1.5 I got the "squeezed" version of the menus. If I manage to get into a cockpit everything looks fine.

My solution to the problem was to edit my monitors file so that the UIMainView = look like this :

UIMainView =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1200;

}

So if you have problems maybe this will help.

Happy new year!

This works for me aswell, however this puts the radio and other messages in the far corners, and not in the corners of the center monitor. This is bad for me, since I have different resolutions and "blind" corners where the text go...

Resolutions aside, the error is such that if you define UIMainView as a subsection of your screen, it produces a visual error on the menus (and map). Its not really related to multimonitor setups, its just rare to see a single monitor setup with this need :)

Unfortunately that is true. At the moment it seems like it's a choice between a functioning menu with the side effect of the radio and messages moves to the far right of the resulution. Or having the radio and messages in the center screen with the expense of a ”squeezed” menu that is difficult to navigate through.

• 2 months later...

This should be fixed in the latest 1.5.3 Patch guys/gals.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Should be fixed in today's Release branch update too.