MMOne - Virtual Reality Gaming Chair

Could be cool...

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

A 10k arm guillotine with no clear indication how they solve the VR head tracking problem and a noose of wires floating around your head. I'll pass!

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 1 year later...

I'm throwing money at my screen.

One of the youtube quotes from SuperTurbo RobotNinja:

"I'm CTO of the project and a DCS fan, it may go to the simulator market with no throttle\rudder pedals\centered joystick only over my dead body :p"

Edited by HornedGod

A 10k arm guillotine with no clear indication how they solve the VR head tracking problem and a noose of wires floating around your head. I'll pass!

The Rift camera is mounted to the platform you would sit on, directly in front of you. That solves the head tracking pretty easily. As far as the wires well that's a more interesting problem that I have no idea about either, but I'm pretty sure you won't be strangled by them. I still want one anyways though.

Edited by BobFlex

• 4 months later...

New commercial video released, supporting DCS World (end of the video)

Neeeeeed!

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Let's face it, if you have the money for that, and the room to put it in, surely you can also afford a laptop with a 1080 fitted and have that directly attached to the unit. Certainly appeals to me.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Once again they are using a dcs cutscene. DCS output.lua does not support 360 degree rotation. The video you are watching is not a live recording of motion output from DCS it is just marketing hype and false advertising.

EDIT: as I've previously posted they have also not shown any form of motion cancelation for the headset. No placing the camera on the platform does NOT solve the problem.

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

It would be easy enough for ED to add what is needed to output.lua

Im sure oculus is working on motion platform compatability already.

You'd think they'd be all behind something as immersive as this, even if it was only used at trade shows.

That is the only viable solution.

None of these vaporware motion platforms that keep appearing are doing anything to cancel platform motion from head motion. It would require custom code in the headset SDK. It may be possible with a vive tracker puck at some point but is currently not possible at all on rift without additional hardware. The rift camera only updates at 60hz which is nowhere near fast enough to eliminate unwanted view changes when mounted on a platform. Recent Oculus updates have changed the tracking software to such an extent that the current runtime performs worse on a platform than it did at rift launch.

I'm hoping Oculus will use some of the samsung inner ear tech in the future. I think vestibular stimulation would work well with my G-Seat.