Tacview 2.0, a glimpse into the future of flight analysis - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
Vyrtuoz
ED Partners

Lightbulb Tacview 2.0, a glimpse into the future of flight analysis

Hello everyone!

After years of iterations and improvements listening to your feedback, it is time to put an end at this good old Tacview 1.x!

Tacview 2.0 is on its way and its goal it to provide you unprecedented flight and battlefield analysis capabilities.

Please have a look at the official FAQ and post here any remark and suggestions. I’m working hard on this version to make it your favorite tool for flight review.

http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-future.php

UPDATED

2015-01-29
  • Added Online Debriefing question
  • Added Real-time Flight Analysis question

Last edited by Vyrtuoz; 01-31-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: 2015-01-29 FAQ Update
Vyrtuoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
Aviators

Great but who purchased the v1 recently , will have to buy it again ?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Vedexent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
Great but who purchased the v1 recently , will have to buy it again ?
From the FAQ on the website:
Q: I bought (or going to buy) a license of Tacview 1.x, will I have to pay again for Tacview 2.x?

A: No, you won't have to pay for Tacview 2.0 Home/Professional if you already bought Tacview 1.x!

Even if the development of Tacview is longer and more expensive than initially planned (probably thousand hours of research and programing), I want to honor all the features promised from the beginning of this project. You will get everything you expected when you bought Tacview without paying more.
Vedexent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
Oesau

Thanks Vyrtuoz - really looking forward trying out the new features as you work towards v 2.0
Oesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #5
Aginor
Veteran

Sounds like you are planning a lot of stuff!
Looking forward to that. :-)
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:36 PM   #6
HiJack
Veteran

Great project there. I'm really looking forward to this feature:

"I'm convinced that I will be able to implement a protection system, let's say based on a password, to prevent flight review without being authorized by the host first."

And if you would like test administrators for this I have a couple of DCS servers that could be used.

Spoiler:

ASUS Z97-PRO, Socket-1150
Intel® Core i7-4770K Processor overclocked to @ 4.20 GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133MHz CL9 4x8GB
Sapphire Radeon TRI-X R9 390X 8GB "OC"
Samsung SSD 850PRO 1TB SSD
WD 2TB Black 3,5", SATA64MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
Windows 7 64-bit
Philips 40" 4K LED BDM4065UC, ASUS 27” and Dell 24” screens
HiJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:58 AM   #7
Aginor
Veteran

I never thought of that, but yeah, good idea.
Aginor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #8
zaelu
Veteran

Quote:
"I'm convinced that I will be able to implement a protection system, let's say based on a password, to prevent flight review without being authorized by the host first."
This might be a shot in the leg... most competitive servers if they had recording enabled they will be passworded thus rendering useless the whole Tacview. People then will cease to waste CPU power for recording something that can't be viewed. Recording peaceful scenery flights is useless.

I think you Vyrtuoz need people to use your software not to lock them out of it. The idea sounds good but is a power... that will be abused.

Just my 2cents.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #9
NeilWillis
Veteran

Excellent news Vyrtouz. I have always found your package very useful, and reliable. Keep up the good work.

As for your doubts zaelu... It'll just encourage people to actually get involved, and not just freeload on server time.

Anyone can use our server, but they'd get far far more out of it if they join our virtual squadrons. I can't see restricting access to Tacview files as an issue in the slightest. All our members will be given free access.

I hardly think it will spell the end of Tacview because some servers are a little circumspect.

Check us out at www.rafairuk.co.uk
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #10
vicx

Truly the tool will unleash some wonderful powers but not all of those powers are appropriate for pilots to receive in real-time. For people in other roles, real-time visualization will be absolutely valid and be invaluable. Think admins, mission designers, trainers and such.

Ideally the gods-eye Tacview feed would only be recorded on the server BUT made available 'in real-time' to Tacview clients who have a Tacview feed password for that server. The password would be there to allow clients who are supposed to have the real-time gods-eye view to have it.

Without a password; Pilots on a PVP server would just have to wait for a delayed feed or wait for a post-mission recording (the gods-eye view recorded and saved to a file). The file can be made available via any kind of mechanism. It could be sent automatically to the TV client or put on a webpage.

It don't think it is a good idea to allow real-time Tacview feeds available to pilots.

Last edited by vicx; 01-29-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clarity
vicx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acmi, tacview