TM Warthog - Throttle slider as zoom makes camera to vibrate/shake

Hi, i am trying to make the TM warthog throttle slider to work as a progressive headcam zoom. I go to axis commands, set the "zoom view" to the TM throttle "JOY_SLIDER1" and when testing it, zooming in and out, there's a lot of points in the axis that makes the camera to vibrate/shake. It's like the point is not completely accurate and the camera point moves between 2 points.

So i tried to "axis adjustment" inside DCS controls, se the graphic to a progressive concave curve, with 20 points of deadzone, and set to slider. But it's still shaking in a lot of points.

Has anyone set the camera zoom to any joystick slider? This happened to me also in the Saitek X-52 Pro, and i don't remember if i was able to solve it. Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

CPU: i7 4790K GPU: Asus GTX 970 4Gb MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO RAM: 16Gb OS: Win10 x64

I have set it up that way before. I had to use the center camera key a lot to avoid the shaking you mention.

It is an issue with the two different methods of controlling the zoom view (Keypad and then the slider) they are vying for control, causing the user to need to center view after using the throttles command.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Weird...

I saw at least one answer to this issue in this thread before Atalia's one, answered it but I can't see what i've posted...

So here we go again :

"Hola Fons,

In principle you shouldn't have to use TARGET GUI and the backlight control has nothing to do with your issue.

Just go to "axis commands", select "zoom view", then "Add" and move the slider of the TM throttle back and forth. It should be registered. No curve nor dead zone are needed for that.

That's what I did and it works fine. And this is valid for all the planes I have.

Check also if there isn't a conflict with another input device regarding this function (mouse or TrackIR).

Salud

Laurius "

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

I had this problem with my x52 Pro Throttle slider as well. And on my new x55 there are no sliders. But I have it on the thumb wheel and it vibrates when the wheel is at center. Other than that it is ok.

On my x52 I used to use the mouse wheel and send keystrokes with the Saitek Profiler when I rolled it forward/backward to zoom.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Ok, thank you for all your replies. The thing is that i want to use a slider to try to avoid the escalated zoom of the mouse wheel.

I will test all your advises later, and will post the results here.

Edit: Another guy told me that, as one said here, that it's the leds that are interfering with the slider sensor. So, as almost every button is in use for the A-10 warthog, is there any slider i could use to the zoom appart from this one? Or maybe could i set one stable backlight value and make the slider to not interfere with the backlighting? I think this could be the best option but i don't know if it's possible as i have no experience with the TARGET software in my 3 days of joystick. :cry:

Edited by FONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System

Been having this problem too. Hope there is a fix.

EDIT: I found somewhat of a fix, exit the slider in the gui so that it has 0-40% and 60-100% with the keys * and /. The slider will press the zoom in and out keys as soon as you release it from the center position, which is better than what it would be if it was just a flat axis imo.

Edited by Schweehog

It IS the LEDs. You can use TARGET GUI to turn it off after plugging it in, then exit TARGET. A script doesn't have to be running.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

The throttle friction slider on every TM warthog I have ever used (3 of them) have all had jittery pots on them. No matter how you play with the LED's it doesn't go away entirely.

I mapped slow zoom in/out to CMS fore and aft, and made the actual CMS require use of an alt key (I use the mic switch on the throttle).

My hands never leave the controls to adjust zoom, there is no jitter at all, and it's all very precise.

Edited by Socket7

Practice makes perfect.

Turn leds off or at max settings. Will help a bit.

I dont recommend using the slider.

I've been using it for a long long time without the need of TARGET and it's fine to me, so I really don't understand the origin of this issue.

Edited by Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

I use the slider on my TM Warthog as a zoom control, and when I first started using it I had a problem where if I tried to zoom in it would zoom me back out again and I ended up with this flickering screen.........is this the issue here?

I use it along with TrackIR and it was caused by a confliction in the TrackIR set up (zoom) and the zoom I was trying to use on the slider. I disabled the zoom axis on the TrackIR software and it worked. I don't even load TARGET in when playing DCS. Have no issues at all with it now and the zoom is very smooth.

• Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I use the slider on my TM Warthog as a zoom control, and when I first started using it I had a problem where if I tried to zoom in it would zoom me back out again and I ended up with this flickering screen.........is this the issue here?

I use it along with TrackIR and it was caused by a confliction in the TrackIR set up (zoom) and the zoom I was trying to use on the slider. I disabled the zoom axis on the TrackIR software and it worked. I don't even load TARGET in when playing DCS. Have no issues at all with it now and the zoom is very smooth.

Good to know that because i am currently using Freetrack. Still haven't tested that about the leds TARGET value, but that also sounds good. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System