MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #1
FlightControl

Reputation power: 16
FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice
Default MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Release 2.2.0 of MOOSE

The new Release 2.2.0 of the MOOSE framework has a focus on bringing or extending the A2A and A2G capabilities!

It brings a lot of fixes and optimizations.

The latest moose.lua file can be downloaded from the

MOOSE Release Page ON GITHUB

Download the moose.lua and include in your .miz file using a DO SCRIPT Trigger.
Mission Designers need to read here for a detailed usage description.
Consult the MOOSE documentation for further details on the framework.

Find here a short summary of each added major function block, with a link to the documentation.

1. Setup an advanced AI Air Defense System

The AI_A2A_DISPATCHER is a new class, that brings a GCICAP capability to be used by mission designers. It is very versatile, introduces squadrons located at specific airbases.

The GCICAP is not a one to one conceptual copy of the existing GCICAP script, a lot of new stuff has been added, lots of improvements have been made, and more flexibility has now become possible to tweak the behaviour.

Per squadron defined
, specific options can be set:
  • Execute Control Air Patrol (CAP) at defined zones.
  • Execute Ground Control Intercept (GCI) towards intruders.
  • Define the defense overhead, meaning, the amount of defending planes to be spawned based on the attackers counted.
  • Define the grouping of the defenders, group per 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Define the border zones
  • Define the take-off methods.
  • Define the landing methods.
  • Resource management.
  • Airborne Refuel management of CAP planes.
A derived class from AI_A2A_DISPATCHER is AI_A2A_GCICAP, which brings a more end-user friendly implementation, where noob users can configure easily a defense system and visually place the squadrons on the defending airbases and define the zones. A lot is defaulted.

2. Dispatch INTERCEPT, ENGAGE, SWEEP tasks to online players

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER defines tasks for human players to engage upon in order to accomplish a larger mission, and is the human counterpart of the AI_A2A_DISPATCHER.

The system provides a true dynamic environment for mission designers and players to define exciting missions.
The system uses the DETECTION_ class suite to detect targets, which are reported to a COMMANDCENTER. The COMMANDCENTER is then collecting and grouping the detections and planning or assigning tasks to individual players who are logged onto the server. A complete menu system is defined that allows players to interact with the tasking system: enquire the briefing, enquire reports on the different tasks, enquire status and engage/abort tasks...

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER works together with the SCORING class to setup exciting scoring schemes to allow mission designers to accomplish individual scores on a score board.

3. Dispatch CAS, BAI and SEAD tasks to online players

The TASK_A2A_DISPATCHER is built on the overall TASKING system, which also the TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER is using. As a result, the TASK_A2G_DISPATCHER has also been improved, especially the menu system and the overall coordination of the different tasks.

4. Settings and Options management for online players

The SETTINGS class is a new capability within MOOSE that allows to define various settings for different moose classes, and are kept persistent per server for players. The current settings that are modeled are for A2G and A2A formats used during communications, like BR, LL, MGRS, BULLS, BRAA ... Additionally, an imperial and metric measure system has been setup.
So players can use this menu to configure their own preferred settings, and automatically the system will use the right communication format during routing, briefings etc.

On top, COMMANDCENTERS will have menus to setup the default settings for a server.

The system is automatically included within the MOOSE system and these menus will be automatically available when you design missions using MOOSE.

5. Keep airbases clean from clutter and debris

This class has been a while in MOOSE, but has now been completely revised and improved. Use the the class to keep your airbases clean and to guarantee airbase operations (airbases stop operations if a plane crashes on the runway, or if any missile or bomb is dropped on the runway).

6. Let online players Transport Infantry to various locations

The release 2.1 of MOOSE introduced the TASK_CARGO_TRANSPORT capability. The system has been heavily debugged and more functionality has been added, like automatic respawing of cargo when it is destroyed in the field, or when a carrier crashed when the cargo was loaded in the carrier etc. The menu system to transport cargo has been optimized, and the overall workings have been improved and bugs have been resolved.

7. Setup Random Air Traffic, make use of the airspace!

The new RAT class, which implements Random Air Traffic, has been added, and is a development of FunkyFranky... (Frank)... He has done a magnificent job and I really encourage you all to try this out. I will let Frank introduce further the RAT class in a separate post!

8. Reduction of moose.lua file size!

Based on a great idea of Shadowze, an optimization has been done to reduce the moose.lua file size from 2.1 MB to 0.8 MB. This results in faster mission loading, faster performance.

We hope that Release 2.2.0.pre of MOOSE will even more increase the fun level for DCS fans while using the MOOSE framework.

Thanks to all those who have helped and contributed!

Thanks,
FC and FunkyFranky

Last edited by FlightControl; 10-04-2017 at 01:49 PM.
FlightControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
xcom

Reputation power: 10
xcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Sven, looks excellent!
I'll have a look around and give back my review, but seems very useful by the documented functions.

BTW, nice stathandler.lua file, seems awefully similar to my estathandler.lua file that I published a while back on how to create statistics.

Last edited by xcom; 01-25-2015 at 10:05 PM.
xcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
Midnight

Reputation power: 7
Midnight is a jewel in the roughMidnight is a jewel in the roughMidnight is a jewel in the roughMidnight is a jewel in the roughMidnight is a jewel in the roughMidnight is a jewel in the rough

Hey Sven, great work. I'm sure I will contact you in the near future for assistance lol

http://www.vsaaf.co.za
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
FlightControl

FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcom View Post
Thank you Sven, looks excellent!
I'll have a look around and give back my review, but seems very useful by the documented functions.

BTW, nice stathandler.lua file, seems awefully similar to my estathandler.lua file that I published a while back on how to create statistics.

Hey Xcom. Yes. The stathandler is yours. Forgot to mention that. I will revise the text of the intro.
Due to your advise and your posts on event catching and logging, I started to understand event handing much better.
Now that being said, if you have a look to the base class in the class hierarchy, you'll see how I catch events for the classes. Pay careful attention how I passed the 'self' variable to the BASE class event handler... It worked. So now the event handler works polymorphic for all derived classes from base.
Much more stuff to discuss, eg. Include script files, mist embedding (with grimes), your start files handler, score system, database class.
Consider this an alpha version. It is the idea of it that could be considered. Through objects, build a script framework. Each object defines it's behaviour, control and takes off the mission.

Last edited by FlightControl; 01-26-2015 at 09:38 AM.
FlightControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
xcom

xcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the roughxcom is a jewel in the rough

Hey Sven,

Thanks, thought I recognized it

I'm trying to use the MOOSE framework, kinda hard to get into the structure so I'm just copying your parts from the Gori Valley script.

I'm attaching the miz file and the lua I made that is relevant to your framework.
Hopefully I did things correctly, unfortunately for some reason there are no missions shown when I take the relevant planes.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Files
File Type: miz Operation JaggerNautV3.4_no external.miz (1.69 MB, 59 views)
File Type: lua JagerNaut.lua (4.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
FlightControl

Ok. I'll check it tomorrow xcom.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
FlightControl

In the meanwhile, can you send the dcs.log and the missionscripting.lua from the scripts directory to my private mailbox?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:25 PM   #8
xcom

sure, attached.
I'm not sure where is the problem, it could be that the structure I wrote in the lua file I attached before is not correct.
Attached Files
File Type: lua MissionScripting.lua (996 Bytes, 74 views)
File Type: txt dcs.txt (63.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 01-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #9
FlightControl

I think I know the problem. Have you started the MISSIONSCHEDULER? Check Gori valley script, there are 3 lines with mission scheduler.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #10
xcom

I did add the following to the end of the JagerNaut.lua file -
Code:
-- MISSION SCHEDULER STARTUP
MISSIONSCHEDULER.Start()
MISSIONSCHEDULER.ReportMenu()
MISSIONSCHEDULER.ReportMissionsFlash( 120 )
Were these the lines you talked about?