these ground crew clowns havent cleaned a single speck within my last 100flights

9.JG27 DavidRed

well, i know its a design decision, but really which pilot would jump in such a dirty 109?i know i remove every single remaining of flies and other insects on my planes after every flight to assure the next has a clean plane again.thats tradition and everybody does that, at least where im flying.takes two minutes.

the canopy dirt in the 109 is in my view clearly overdone.and especially in this canopy which is already the most challenging one its a little pain the a..

i constantly find myself confused with these specks on the canopy, losing even P51s because of them :doh:

so this is clearly not a bug, but a feature request which goes like this:

first please reduce the dirt on the canopy on the 109.it is overdone, and i think, even in that stage of the war at least the canopy would have been cleaned to grant good visibilty for the pilot.as i said thats a job of not even 2minutes in RL.

BUT:instead of just removing it, which is a MUST in my view at least, what about adding a continuous effect on planes with the canopy getting more and more specks(smashed insects) within time.of course this should not be overdone to become annoying, but i think if done subtle, this would be a nice and realistic effect.lets kill those bugs :)

• ED Team

You have to give schnaps and sigarettes from you daily ration to the ground crew - so they even will polish the plane to have few extra kph... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

You have to give schnaps and sigarettes from you daily ration to the ground crew - so they even will polish the plane to have few extra kph... :)

:megalol: but i wont give them my Sauerkraut mit Bratwurst.i think i will call them out for sabotage and replace them with Friedrich's croundcrew. :) that way i can even keep the Schnaps.she's certainly looking jaw dropping after 1bottle.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

^ :lol:

But i agree with OP, canopy is definitely too dirty now.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also agree with OP. Something just doesn't feel right about the dirt on the canopy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

LOL, this makes me laugh. Not long ago there where several threads ( not by you guys...) complaining that canopies where to clean ( IIRC, SU-27, A-10C, etc.). They make this one dirty and now is to dirty. Just makes me laugh.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Maybe it wasn't the same people complaining? Just a thought... Besides, in the other aircraft I see some scratches etc on the glass but that doesn't seem to be the case in the 109.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The canopies were cleaned before every flight by the ground crew (Schwarze) unless

there was a real emergency.

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

I guess complaining is a bad way to say it. I'm not saying same people ( I did put that in my post), everyone is entitle to their opinion and the purpose behind forums is to express that right? ( to some degree) Just makes me laugh because ED will never be able to please all the us.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The more I fly it, the more those bits of dirt irritate me. If it was dynamic or random as suggested it would make more sense, but in a game that's all about spotting the little dot it's really distracting. I keep trying to clean my monitor. ;)

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

BUT:instead of just removing it, which is a MUST in my view at least, what about adding a continuous effect on planes with the canopy getting more and more specks(smashed insects) within time.of course this should not be overdone to become annoying, but i think if done subtle, this would be a nice and realistic effect.lets kill those bugs :)

That actually happens in RACE07 - those wipers are there for a purpose. In open-cockpit cars you can tear off strips from the visor :)

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

I'm throwing in my vote as well for a clean canopy. A clean canopy mod would be good as well, as long as it is MP acceptable.

At 60 years old the eyes aren't what they were, those pesky 51's are tough to spot let alone try to follow in a DF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The way to please all the people all the time is to make stuff like this optional. Some will like it clean, some will like it dirty. A choice means everyone gets what they want.

I'm definitely in favour of dynamic dirt accumulation too. Definitely a good one - as long as there isn't a huge cost in performance.

I'm in for the dynamic part ;) as long as the crew clean it during refuel and rearm :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

LOL, this makes me laugh. Not long ago there where several threads ( not by you guys...) complaining that canopies where to clean ( IIRC, SU-27, A-10C, etc.). They make this one dirty and now is to dirty. Just makes me laugh.

Have you even seen the canopy of the 109?

I´ve no problem with other used looking canopies like the one in the MiG 21 but in the 109 there are so many dirt stains that can be taken for a contact or even a smoke trail from a downed plane.

So I´d like to see it cleaned up a bit as well or at least as an option.

Dirt over time surely would be a nice feature but I doubt we will see this in the current engine.

The important point here is "realistic"... I agree with the OP it is a bit overdone, here.

As for the A-10 etc. people were discussuing crazings which catch the sunlight, not so much actual dirt.

As in the Helicopters (flying pretty low all the time, dirty window panes are well realistic, in the fighters and jets it is ok to have less.

The idea with dynamic "dirt" or even raindrops (?) would be awesome, and if we get that the wipers should be able to reduce/remove the effect!

Nice idea, really!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 months later...
well, i know its a design decision, but really which pilot would jump in such a dirty 109?i know i remove every single remaining of flies and other insects on my planes after every flight to assure the next has a clean plane again.thats tradition and everybody does that, at least where im flying.takes two minutes.

the canopy dirt in the 109 is in my view clearly overdone.and especially in this canopy which is already the most challenging one its a little pain the a..

i constantly find myself confused with these specks on the canopy, losing even P51s because of them :doh:

so this is clearly not a bug, but a feature request which goes like this:

first please reduce the dirt on the canopy on the 109.it is overdone, and i think, even in that stage of the war at least the canopy would have been cleaned to grant good visibilty for the pilot.as i said thats a job of not even 2minutes in RL.

Clean Glass Canopy

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1191557/

I tried this using JSGME. The specks are still there, though, maybe a bit clearer.

In the comments, impalor (username) offers a suggestion of what I was thinking is the issue, re: (impalor, 01.03.2015 20:51:45)

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really don't like these wear signs and scratches all over the place in any 3d canopy... the lifespan of these fighter aircraft, especially for late LW fighters was incredibly short, a few dozen hours at best. There was simply no time to get all those scratches.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.