Better Explosion Sounds

I never really liked the explosion sounds of the default DCS World. In my opinion they rumble too much and go on for too long.

Anyone who has heard any kind of explosion in real life will know that they usually sound like a powerful short and sharp thud.

As a result I decided to make my own explosion sounds that reflect this real life quality of explosions.

I have packaged it into a JSGME compatible mod for you to try out. The download link is in the attachments.

If people like it I will post it on the DCS World page. Criticism and any suggestions are welcome.

Better Explosion Sounds v0.9 by Boris.rar

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Anyone try this... Any feedback?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 2 weeks later...
I like them too,also makes the scripted flak on WWII servers much better as a side effect :)

Funny, flak makes absolutely no sound on my end. Anyone got any idea why?

that's weird, have you got a particular audio slider other than music turned down a lot? I've been really enjoying your explosions effect with the flak, gives it a nice meaty thump and you just know you don't want it closer.

The culprit seems to be diveplane's awesome engine sounds for the Dora and Mustang. They completely drown out the sound of flak!

Anyway, glad everyone likes this mod so far! Once I figure out which explosion sound is responsible for which explosion type, I will tweak it further. Anyone got any clues?

• 1 year later...