Poll: What do you guys think about adding REALISTIC vehicles and infantry? - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you guys want to see REALISTIC infantry and vehicles in DCS?
No, nothing but realistic aircraft. 50 32.47%
Yes, but just realistic vehicles. 49 31.82%
Yes, lets go for an Arma style world with infantry / vehicles. 55 35.71%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Chernaren Refugee

Default Poll: What do you guys think about adding REALISTIC vehicles and infantry?

Hey guys. I'm coming from the Armaverse, and after 10 years of happiness, I ( and many, many others ) are splitting paths with BI. They are just no longer any kind of military simulator. Their latest DLC is "Karts". Yeah, Go-Karts. We Arma types have been rudely awakened to the fact that the game has its sights firmly set on being the next COD / Counter-Strike clone ( with Go-Karts and Goat simulators!). Complete with tiny DLC ( think Arma:M40 Rifle with Scope $15, $3 more for Crazy Kapitalist Mouse skin! ) and micro-transactions.

If you guys are looking for more players, we're looking for a new engine. Hope to see vehicle and infantry simulation in your future.

Edit: Combined Arms is just not what were looking for.

And thanks for your opinions!

Last edited by Chernaren Refugee; 05-31-2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
Ktulu2

I completly agree that Combined arms isn't relevent in DCS as it currently is, but I got into DCS for planes, and they already have SOOOO much things to do that I don't see them integrating a tank sim.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
tarracta

Hey,

would be okay if a new 3rd party dev (maybe with already experience in vehicle simulation) wants to start work on this.

But never every directly from ED - there are still so much open points (EDGE, F/A-18,...) missing so a vehicle simulator would be one of the last thing DCS really needs.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
Zakatak

Didn't ARMA 3 Karts start off as an April Fools joke that only got made because so many people actually wanted it to happen?

Eagle Dynamics has way too many projects (EDGE, Su-27 PFM, F-18C module, F-15C systems modelling) and bug fixes to attend to for them to have the time for overhauling vehicles and infantry, and I hope they don't because they couldn't possibly beat ARMA 3 in that aspect.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #5
cichlidfan
Veteran

DCS is so far from being a replacement for ARMA, or even capable of attempting it, that you had better be ready to wait another ten years.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 05-31-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
Flagrum
Veteran

NO!

I DON'T WANT IMPROVEMENTS OR ADDITIONAL FEATURES, LET ALONE MORE REALISM!

(erm ... really weired question, tbh ...)
Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
Chernaren Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
DCS is so far from being a replacement for ARMA, or even capable of attempting it, that you had better be ready to wait another ten years.
Lol, have you seen Arma 2? We aren't looking for the graphics of A3.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Chernaren Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakatak View Post
Didn't ARMA 3 Karts start off as an April Fools joke that only got made because so many people actually wanted it to happen?
Yeah, the MAINSTREAM INVADERS who want the next COD and roleplaying wanted it. Only a handful of people play vanilla A3 now, and the ACE team has quit in frustration. So, no more good ACE mods. And that was the only large semi-realistic mod there was. BI now listens only to the COD / RPG / Zombie types. People that have been with them longer than me and have thousands of posts are being totally ignored in order to get the rich kiddies and their money in. I can see their business point, but just totally ignoring the people who supported them all these years (especially the modders!) is unacceptable. Its just obvious what their new direction is. Way too obvious.

Last edited by Chernaren Refugee; 05-31-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernaren Refugee View Post
Lol, have you seen Arma 2? We aren't looking for the graphics of A3.
I am talking about function not eye candy.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 05-31-2014, 11:39 PM   #10
Sel94

Well, I don't think anyone doesn't want more 'things', but DCS is mainly about aircraft and will probably stay that way for quite a while, which I prefer. Besides, I don't think ARMA is straying too much from its roots, the kart thing was just a bit of fun the devs were having. And if I recall correctly, the only thing they have said about DLC is that they are planning on expanding their helicopter and rifle content, nothing about micro-transactions. So for now you're probably safe from ARMA transforming into a game like CS.

Quote:
Lol, have you seen Arma 2? We aren't looking for the graphics of A3
There is much more than graphics that goes into something like adding infantry to a flight sim engine.