I broke my Saitek pedals

I'm tuned rudder axis in DCS for my Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, and I have broken this part.

IMG_4684_zps8cd13be7.jpg

That part is here:

IMG_4681_zpsb6bcfde4.jpg

IMG_4682_zpsbbb50a6e.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures. This is the other side.

IMG_4685_zps6ae8ac9a.jpg

Can someone draw to me that part so I could send to my friend to print in 3D printer? He has this model 3D printer MarketBot Replicator 2.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Forces acting on that part are too big. I tried to stick it with "Loctite Super Bond", I tried even to melt plastic with a soldering iron, but didn't help, it's broken again.

Easy fix!

Buy some hair bands - the long type. Or some elastic bands.

You can then tie them around the structure (hook them from underneath the main pedal mount that you have removed on the picture). And whala, you have your toebrake working again as it should.

Loop them a few times and use enough bands to create the right amount of tension.

Cheers

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Try this, take some wood or metal sheet and shape it so it fits precisely in the cavity of the plastic part.

Do this for both sides, then drill some holes trough and some kind of pin or wooden dovel to push trough it.

Check if it all fits, then use a 2 component epoxy glue (like this) to glue it all together, should work.

And if you make the sheets fit snug enough then this will transfer the actual forces, not the are where it is broken off.

Hope you understand what i mean. if not i can try to draw something in paint.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Did you Call Saitek and see if you can order the part,Ya got 'nut'n to lose:thumbup: you cant be the 1st one to bust somthing..?hope that helps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yes 159th Falcon I understand you, no need to draw. I was hoping - someone would want to draw this part for 3D printing.

slowhand I didn't call Saitek because I thought it would be meaningless to them. But like you said, maybe I could send them e-mail.

Thank you all for your ideas.

I have Saitek pedals waiting to be scrapped in my closet. I could dig out the part and send it to you? It'll only cost 1.5€ and you wouldn't even have to pay me back.

If you pay for postage, I'll send you the whole damn pedals for spares!

• Like 2

The guts would probably be worth the postage if you toss the heavy, metal parts.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Hi all.

Same problem here :(

Hard to say but my saitek also broke in the same way. First I conntacted Saitek but they didn't help me even when I said that I can pay for the broken part. The only help people with a warranty.

So maybe is there anyone who could help me, and have thist pedals not working for other reasons.

I will pay for the part and shipping.

Best Regards

Maciek

Sorry for those, but I really curious; guys, "how" did you break it? Seriously.

I just wanted to know how it could be broken... by extreme left or right push or something?

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hi all.

Hard to say but my saitek also broke in the same way. First I conntacted Saitek but they didn't help me even when I said that I can pay for the broken part. The only help people with a warranty.

So maybe is there anyone who could help me, and have thist pedals not working for other reasons.

Best Regards

Maciek

You and the original poster must use epoxy and not merely "super-glue" which is still a thin adhesive despite being very sticky. For parts like this that have high force acting on it, epoxy's high tensile strength and volume is a must. The epoxy dries into essentially a very strong plastic and can be sanded, drilled and otherwise worked to fit the original shape of the part.

Hi all.

Best Regards

Maciek

Hi rzepa,

Is it left or right pedal? If I remember correctly they are different but I still have one available.

Have you even been in touch with Saitek? I broke a switch on my Warthog HOTAS, and emailed them. The part was sent free of charge - even though it was accidental damage - because I still had a warranty on the device.

What makes you assume Saitek would be any less helpful?

Sorry for those, but I really curious; guys, "how" did you break it? Seriously.

I just wanted to know how it could be broken... by extreme left or right push or something?

Thanks.

Hi Devrim.

I did nothig :(

They just spend few months in wardrobe and when I wanted to use them it appeard to be broken! Seriously. Tension on the spring is just to big for the plastic part.

You and the original poster must use epoxy....

Believe me I use very strong epoxy but it didnt work. I even try to "tie" whole thing with sugru but didnt work. Like I said to much tension on the spring.

Have you even been in touch with Saitek?

Did you read what I wrote ? First I conntacted Saitek but they didn't help me even when I said that I can pay for the broken part. They only help people with a warranty.

I used facebook, email, official forum... what else I could do...

Hi rzepa,

Is it left or right pedal? If I remember correctly they are different but I still have one available.

Thanks Griffin for answer. They are the same... I just send you PM

2m6prmb.jpg

This is becoming epidemic... I just disassembled the second pedal to send you the part an it's broken exactly the same way! Unbelievable... The pedals have been sitting in the closet for a couple of years now. Sorry buddy.

Bad Luck and Saitek Quality, anyway Thanks Griffin for your time.

Any other player who have Saitek Pedal for spare parts ? :D

This part is easy to fix if you can acquire at least the following:

- circa 30x40mm pieces of flat 2+ mm plastic or metal sheet 0.5+ mm thick

- paper knife

- adhesive (e.g. Poxipol)

Highly recommended:

- a metal file

- at least two blots of dia smaller than M4 + nuts

- a drill with ~4mm drill bits

Witaj Bucic :)

I would gladly send it to you for repair ;)

Believe me, the forces are so big on the ill-designed part that any glue help me.

I tried alsow with some bands but I lost.

Hence me mentioning the screws ;)

Ok, I'll PM you my phone number and we'll talk. You don't have much to lose as it is now but I'll try to call upon all my peasant powers anyway :E

wasnt there at least one guy on the forum who had some kind of a 3d printer for creating cockpit/hotas parts?

i would ask one of those if they could create a new part.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

wasnt there at least one guy on the forum who had some kind of a 3d printer for creating cockpit/hotas parts?

i would ask one of those if they could create a new part.

regards,

RR

It would have to be a hell of a resin. I'm taking over the damaged part to see what I can do.