Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 72
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228
Default DCS Product Terms - Hawk

Following the announcement from Wags on DCS Product Terms, we are pleased to clarify the following for the Hawk:

Hawk for DCS - Standard Flight Model (SFM) and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) - Initial Release
DCS Hawk - (in development) External Flight Model (EFM) developed to ED's Professional Flight Modeling (PFM) standard and Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM)

Definitions:
Standard Flight Model (SFM). This has not changed and defines a more data-driven means of achieving flight dynamics, in conjunction with some scripting.

External Flight Model (EFM). Used by our partner developers, the EFM uses only a part of PFM - rigid body physics and contact model. What forces and moments are applied to this rigid body from aerodynamics and any other sources except the contact forces is up to EFM developer.

Professional Flight Model (PFM). This is generations beyond an AFM/AFM+ and is based upon:
• Use a wider array of wind tunnel tests CFD methods for aerodynamics parameters calculations.
• A higher level of aircraft construction details for forces calculations. For example: our landing gear model includes individual kinematics of retracting/extending is used to calculate its movement, servo-piston forces, etc. In such cases, we truly use real lengths, arms, etc. This also includes such items as a realistic simulation of airflow along the airframe due to the propeller or helicopter rotor thrust.
• Realistic simulation of Flight Control, CAS and Autopilot systems.
• Realistic simulation of Hydraulics, Fuel, Electrical, Engine and other systems influence flight characteristics.
• Unprecedented access to test data packs.

Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM). An ASM enabled aircraft goes into great depth to model the intricacies of the various cockpit systems, to include functionality for almost all the buttons, switches, dials, etc. A key element of an ASM cockpit is the ability to interact with it using your mouse. ASM DCS examples include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2.

For Wags original post, please see here:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...47#post2039947

We have also had a personal validation from a current Hawk pilot, Matt Deavin as below:

"As a current Royal Navy aggressor pilot operating the Hawk T1, I was offered the opportunity to test the VEAO Hawk simulator. I was initially sceptical of how accurate the modelling would be of the handling and the jet engine response. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I found the controls and aircraft responses accurate. The flight model performs as well as the full motion simulator used by the RAF. Flying in formation was easy and very similar to the real thing. I was extremely impressed by the headset integration and immediately felt operational pilots could benefit from training on this software.
In short, the VEAO Hawk is more than a game and comparable to a military grade full motion simulator. In fact, I would even go so far as to say the terrain graphics are higher fidelity whilst flying at low level."

Lt Cdr Matt Deavin RNR
Hawk Pilot
Fast Jet Qualified Weapons Instructor

I think this answers all of the questions of how realistically we have modelled the Hawk systems and flight fidelity to "DCS Standards" and we will not be answering any more questions or debates on that subject.

I will be updating the Hawk product page today and will release the link shortly.

Thanks,
Chris.

Edited for clarity

Last edited by Ells228; 04-10-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Ells228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Raven68

Reputation power: 23
Raven68 is just really niceRaven68 is just really niceRaven68 is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Nice followup Chris. Cant wait buddy!
Geforce GTX 970 4096MB (358.50 driver version),
Windows 10 Professional
DX 12.0
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
VBS_Nero

Reputation power: 12
VBS_Nero is just really niceVBS_Nero is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to VBS_Nero

BRAVIIIIIIIiiiiiii

VBS
: http://www.virtualblacksheep.com//
VEAO Testing Team

VBS_Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 81
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

Thanks for the update Chris, would your FM also be classified as an EFM as well as it is created outside ED? That is the only thing that is a little cloudy for me... maybe you need to call it a EFM/PFM?

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold

Well, all the things listed in the PFM will be in "our EFM" so we're calling it a PFM, or you could say 3rd party EFM modelled to ED's PFM specification I guess...

Hope that muddy's the puddle a little more

C
Old 04-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 81
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to SiThSpAwN

Ha, its semantics really... We know you are developing your own FM, so I suppose it doesnt matter. Stating it will be at the PFM level is enough for me... seeing the quality so far already makes me confident you guys can easily(with tons of work) pull that off

It's not the opinion that breaks the rules, its the delivery of that opinion • ED Product TermsED External Communication Policy example
Veteran of the DCS WWII July update thread of Two Thousand Fourteen • You're so vain, I bet you think this post is about you. • "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
**How to report a bug** • Visit Mudspike for more great simulation discussion and more!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #7
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Thanks buddy
Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #8
BIGNEWY
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 51
BIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to allBIGNEWY is a name known to all

good news and great update, thanks
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA Zotac GTX 980 Amp 4gb, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x2 60gb x1 120gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 151
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

Old 04-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
Pikey

Reputation power: 22
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

"... and we will not be answering any more questions or debates on that subject."

Argghh!

Although that professional validation truly nailed it, it does beg the question of whether the Hawk AFM is further along than we expected.

And, what is this, "headset integration"?
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote