Capt_Zeen_KA50 HELIOS PROFILE V1.0

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to get this profile and Loz's A10 profile working together utilizing the same monitor.lua file.

I have all exports working no problems, whatsoever for both aircraft however the A10 MFD size appears to conflict with the KA50 Shkval and Abris size, and when both are in the monitor file, The Shkval and Abris exports at the A10 MFD size.

When no A10 MFD export in Monitor.lua then Abris and Shkval display at correct size.

Ive just tried using ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD and ED_A10C_RIGHT_MFCD as names but now the A10 MFDs display at the KA50 Size's.

I know Sobe is having a look later today for me, but if anyone else has an answer as well for me to try I would be greatful. Meant to be flying in 60 mins

This is what I have in the LUA file so far.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2_monitors_KA50');

Description = 'Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

--MAIN GAME VIEWPORT TOTAL SIZE AN ASPECT

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 5.3333333333;

}

}

--SHKIVAL

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1930;

y = 1080+0;

width = 800;

height = 670;

}

-- PVI800

MFCD_03 =

{

x = 1935;

y = 1080+680;

width = 240;

height = 100;

}

--ABRIS

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3252;

y = 1080+0;

width = 590;

height = 840;

}

--EKRAN

MFCD_04 =

{

x = 3100;

y = 1080+990;

width = 100;

height = 60;

}

--UV26

MFCD_05 =

{

x = 2845;

y = 1080+545;

width = 150;

height = 60;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3330;

y = 1205;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 1990;

y = 1205;

width = 445;

height = 445;

}

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = 2775;

y = 1220;

width = 230;

height = 49;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = 2995;

y = 1265;

width = 270;

height = 70;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = 2520;

y = 1240;

width = 175;

height = 175;

}

DIGIT_CLOCK =

{

x = 2400;

y = 1910;

width = 122;

height = 122;

}

UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =

{

x = 2555;

y = 1640;

width = 120;

height = 30;

}

UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =

{

x = 2670;

y = 1555;

width = 30;

height = 30;

}

UHF_REPEATER =

{

x = 2575;

y = 1775;

width = 110;

height = 30;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 6 months later...

Can't get it working with latest 1.5 openalpha! There is no connection to DCS - no gauges moving and no reaction to any switches.

Every other available Ka-50 profiles are running without any problem. I'm already using Capt Zeens customized Export.lua.

Pathes are ok inside Helios because other profiles have no problem. So whats the issue here?

I do really like to try out this great looking profile from Capt Zeen:)

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Can't get it working with latest 1.5 openalpha! There is no connection to DCS - no gauges moving and no reaction to any switches.

Every other available Ka-50 profiles are running without any problem. I'm already using Capt Zeens customized Export.lua.

Pathes are ok inside Helios because other profiles have no problem. So whats the issue here?

I do really like to try out this great looking profile from Capt Zeen:)

Use the last export.lua from my site.

Be sure you put it in the correct place, C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

And corfirm the name of the file is export.lua (yes, last week, a friend width the same problem, for some reason he renamed it as export .lua and of course dont work! :music_whistling:)

Edited by Capt Zeen

Hi Capt Zeen!

To check the issue i have downloaded the this export.lua again from:

http://captzeen.com/helios/archives/Export_for_DCS_1.5.rar

and put it straight to C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

I´m running DCS World OpenBeta 1.5.3.52478 in Win10 and Helios 1.3.190.448.

Loading untouched profile Capt_Zeen-KA50-v1.0b_ger.hpf and make a monitors reset and saved into new profile. After starting the new created profile no gauges moving:(

As already said, every other profile is working. So what is different to this one?

captzeennotwsp5zhutwmx_thumb.jpg

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

A basic question. I see that this Helios Profile has not been updated for some time and I'm wondering which versions of DCS it works with please. Does it work 2.0 Open Alpha? Does it work with the current release version 1.5.3? Thank you!

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi Capt Zeen!

To check the issue i have downloaded the this export.lua again from:

http://captzeen.com/helios/archives/Export_for_DCS_1.5.rar

and put it straight to C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

I´m running DCS World OpenBeta 1.5.3.52478 in Win10 and Helios 1.3.190.448.

Loading untouched profile Capt_Zeen-KA50-v1.0b_ger.hpf and make a monitors reset and saved into new profile. After starting the new created profile no gauges moving:(

As already said, every other profile is working. So what is different to this one?

captzeennotwsp5zhutwmx_thumb.jpg

Please, just to be sure, install the spanish version of the profile and test it.

If gauges dont move, the problem is in the export.lua, or, for any reason DCS cant find th export.lua.

Look for the dcs.log created after the session, and send it too me.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Installed the profile and it seems to be working great! However, I see that my UV-26is not showing in DCS anymore. Only the exported view of it is showing, but not "the original":

l0aG8E3.jpg

I don't want it to disappear from the game view, even though I use helios to view it...

Can someone help me with this?

Edited by gromit190

• 1 year later...

I am trying to figure out a way to make the VVI gauge in Helios look like the VVI in Capt Zeens HD Cockpit MOD. Is this possible? The image in Helios is in ".png" format, and the MOD files are not. So it does not seem like a simple matter of replacing the image file? Thanks for any help.

1634634400_HeliosGuageImport.thumb.jpg.3d8f5fd6217f292d3d1dc4dd921da3e3.jpg

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I am trying to figure out a way to make the VVI gauge in Helios look like the VVI in Capt Zeens HD Cockpit MOD. Is this possible? The image in Helios is in ".png" format, and the MOD files are not. So it does not seem like a simple matter of replacing the image file? Thanks for any help.

It can be done, but is not a matter of symple change images.

In the KA50 profile i used the VVI gauges that comes with Helios, and those can`t be modified.

But is possible to recreate a completly new VVI using a new image and a potenciometer used as the needle of the instrument.

I f there are a really interest in his i can prepare the new gauge for you.

Thanks for saving me the time trying to figure out why I coudnt figure it out. I would love a new gauge, but I would understand if you dont have the time.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...

Well done!!! But I have noob question... :huh:

What do I need to gauges were updated?

I successfully loaded profile and reset to my screen but none are updated from game? And none of switches affect game itself. Just SHKIVAL and ABRIS but it's obvious since they show up even without using helios.

What I need to to to show:

PVI800 / MFCD_03

EKRAN MFCD_04

UV26 / MFCD_05

in profile on second screen??? I have just transparent holes.

I'm using DCS World 2.5.0.14304

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Well done!!! But I have noob question... :huh:

What do I need to gauges were updated?

I successfully loaded profile and reset to my screen but none are updated from game? And none of switches affect game itself. Just SHKIVAL and ABRIS but it's obvious since they show up even without using helios.

What I need to to to show:

PVI800 / MFCD_03

EKRAN MFCD_04

UV26 / MFCD_05

in profile on second screen??? I have just transparent holes.

I'm using DCS World 2.5.0.14304

I just do it once more....Just to be sure, I did (from readme):

-load the profile and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-In the profile explorer window, double-click over Interfaces/DCS Black Shark line, then enter the path for DCS World, on the Black Shark Setup window and click on Setup Black Shark buttom.

-Save the profile

- recalculate positions in 2_monitors-KA50.lua put into Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

- eneble "DCS Monitor Configuration" via ovgme

- download Export.lua rename it to export.lua and put <user_name>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\

I better but not perfect, gauges/switches working and I just see both red LEDs from UV26 (not digits) and not PVI800 and not EKRAN

on the left: 1920x1080 and on the right 1280x1024

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2 Screens Adv');
Description = 'Advanced with SHKIVAL, PVI800, ABRIS, EKRAN and UV26'

--MAIN GAME VIEWPORT TOTAL SIZE AN ASPECT 
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.875;
    }
}
--SHKIVAL
LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1928;
    y = 59;
    width = 595;
    height = 480;
}

-- PVI800
MFCD_03 =
{
    x = 1955;    
    y = 562;    
    width = 148;
    height = 60;
}

--ABRIS
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 2772;
    y = 54;    
    width = 428;
    height = 628;
}

--EKRAN
MFCD_04 =
{
    x = 2903; 
    y = 794;   
    width = 100;
    height = 52;
}

--UV26
MFCD_05 =
{
    x = 2583; 
    y = 465;  
    width = 138;
    height = 40;
}
UIMainView = Viewports.Center

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Don't forget this:

"-included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

This structure prepare the diferents lua scripts to export the views to the second monitor to represent the Abris, Skhval, PVI digits, Ekran and UV26 digits."

If you don't copy this files in your game folder no aditional viewport export can be done.

Don't forget this:

"-included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder.

This structure prepare the diferents lua scripts to export the views to the second monitor to represent the Abris, Skhval, PVI digits, Ekran and UV26 digits."

If you don't copy this files in your game folder no aditional viewport export can be done.

thx for reply....

I believe it's done with "enable "DCS Monitor Configuration" via ovgme" plugin manager. Anyway I will double check tonight with manually copy contents of you folder. And my monitor configuration recalculation ;)

dcs_footer500.jpg

I got it....

In my instalation of DCS:

DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50

in Capt_Zeen_KA50_NIGHT_OPERATIONS.rar

DCS Monitor Configuration\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50

After correction, export of all screens working :pilotfly:

dcs_footer500.jpg

no problem, I happy to spot it :)

dcs_footer500.jpg

• 3 months later...

Would you update profiles for Ka-50 for DCS 2.5.2+

Export of EKRAN, PVI and UV26 stop working after updated to 2.5.2.18521.394

dcs_footer500.jpg

i am going to check it

It's not that bad, reset of helios control center helped, but some buttons stop working.... i.e autopilot buttons, start countermeasures program...

dcs_footer500.jpg

• 4 months later...