MFG Crosswind - Review - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Flamin_Squirrel

Reputation power: 15
Flamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really nice
Thumbs up MFG Crosswind - Review

I've just replaced my Saitek rudder pedals with MFG Crosswind pedals from here: http://mfg.simundza.com/mfgcrosswind.php

The difference is amazing. The sensors seem very precise, and mechanically they're heavy and well built. Pedal movement is extremely smooth with a progressive increase in force at extreme left/right, and there is no centre bump like with the Saiteks (I fly light aircraft and the centre bump found in most controllers (pedals or otherwise) has always felt very unrealistic). It's great to find a controller that's solved this problem.

That said, if you like a centre bump, you can swap out the CAMs for a different profile that has one, as well as adjust spring tension to your personal preference (more detail on the website). Pedal force and angles are also adjustable.

While they're not cheap, IMO they represent good value for money and I wish I'd got them earlier. If simming is your thing and you can afford them, get them; you won't be disappointed.
Flamin_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 55
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Dammit guys, stop posting such positive reviews. I'm itching to order the Crosswinds even though my Simpeds are still perfectly fine...
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
shamandgg
Veteran

Reputation power: 86
shamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to beholdshamandgg is a splendid one to behold

Do they suffer center detent like Saitek's pedals? No. - /me runs to turn calendar back to rewrite Santa's letters
Old 01-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Paradox

Reputation power: 8
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

These and the Slaw Device pedals are quite high up my list of priorities for toys in the future.

They just look so good and I can't wait to be fully rid of any Saitek hardware I still have.
Paradox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Oesau

Reputation power: 10
Oesau will become famous soon enoughOesau will become famous soon enough

Got these pedals a few months back and got rid of the Saitek Pedals and they are a huge step up in terms of quality, feel, and performance - Milian's done a great job and has continued the development of his supporting firmware and utility.

If you have the $ - couldn't suggest any other pedals
Oesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
sebbomann

sebbomann has a spectacular aura aboutsebbomann has a spectacular aura aboutsebbomann has a spectacular aura aboutsebbomann has a spectacular aura about

These Pedals are the best Pedals i've ever owned. i use these for like a month, and i will never give them back.

The precision, smoothness, lack of stickyness and all the things you can adjust are simply amazing. And to mention the best thing: wallspacers!!!
I mean fsck yeah, why did no vendor ever think of that? How was I living without them?

Yes, they are a little costy, but I really enjoy these pedals!
  • Blackshark 1&2, A-10C, P-51, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F86-F, MiG-21Bis, Combined Arms, FC3, Falcon BMS, Rise of Flight
sebbomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
Rogue Trooper

Rogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the roughRogue Trooper is a jewel in the rough

+1 Using them for just under a month now. Smooooth.
Rogue Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
El Hadji

Reputation power: 7
El Hadji is a jewel in the roughEl Hadji is a jewel in the roughEl Hadji is a jewel in the roughEl Hadji is a jewel in the roughEl Hadji is a jewel in the roughEl Hadji is a jewel in the rough

I was in contact with Milan the other day and if I order the pedals now, I could have them up and running in March and I'm really itching to get them.

But before I order them I have a question: do you lucky s.o.b's that already own the Crosswinds have anything negative to say about them? Something that annoy you? Or is it just roses and strawberries all over?

My computer specs below:
Spoiler:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64
El Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
Flamin_Squirrel

Reputation power: 15
Flamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really niceFlamin_Squirrel is just really nice

I've not lived with them for any length of time, but so far its roses and strawberries.
Flamin_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 AM   #10
Tiger27

Reputation power: 0
Tiger27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Dammit guys, stop posting such positive reviews. I'm itching to order the Crosswinds even though my Simpeds are still perfectly fine...
Im the same, I have only recently updated my simpeds with a bodner board and some strengthening of the weak spots but I want these badly