Integrated Air Defense Script - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 145
Grimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud ofGrimes has much to be proud of
Default Integrated Air Defense Script

The goal of this script is to enhance AI sam behavior as its one of the more obvious and useful features of the scripting engine. I've been working on it for a year now, and I'm sorry I've teased that I've been working on it for so long. Its taken way longer than it should have, but I guess that is what happens when your focus goes elsewhere whether it be mist, testing, or watching Star Trek on Netflix.

Documentation
Documentation for the script is available here: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/IADScript_Documentation
More thorough documentation will be added in the coming days.

How to use:
Script requires Mist v4 or higher to be initialized first.
Use a trigger to either run script or script file.

Use either iads.add() or iads.addByPrefix() to add sam sites to the iads network.
Both functions have one required variable and 1 optional variable.

Script should run fine with DCS World 1.2.6 or greater.

I do not consider this script to be 100% complete and I will eventually add more capability to it. However I feel it is functional enough to put out there for you guys to play with and give feedback on, but I have other reasons.

1. I started working on the script on 12/23/12 (23/12/12 for most of the world) and dabbled on it for a while until putting many many hours into it over the summer. I came close to releasing it but I discovered it wasn't releasable, since August I have avoided working on it until recently when I realized it would soon be a year since I started, so I have pushed to release it before the end of the year.

2. The script is open source and I welcome anyone who wants to modify it to whatever extent they want to add more features. Documentation of what all of the existing functions do will be available here: http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/IADScript_Documentation

3. I want to focus more on mist and other projects.

Notes:
Attached are the script and a simple mission with lots of sams and 8 Su-25Ts with a SEAD payload. There is also a screenshot of what debug messages will look like. It is not recommended to leave turn that on for a normal game.

Tested in multiplayer in 1.2.6 with up to 110 sams and 100 AI targets and 2 clients. No noticeable synchronization issues occurred, but your mileage may vary with different mixes of clients and other AI within the mission.

Re-uploaded the sample mission to be updated for use in 1.5. Also updated the script due to a known scripting engine bug.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_130725_042742.jpg
Views:	2588
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	92068  
Attached Files
File Type: miz iads_sample.miz (109.0 KB, 172 views)
File Type: lua script_iads_r1_rev36.lua (96.0 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by Grimes; 10-16-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: DCS 1.5
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Gaanalma

Reputation power: 13
Gaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really niceGaanalma is just really nice

Amazing.... THX...

www.36stormovirtuale.net
Gaanalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 64
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for sharing Grimes
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA PALIT 1080 GAME ROCK 8GB, INTEL i7 4790K ( Cooled by H100i ), 16GB DDR3 , Asus Z97-AR, x1 256gb x1 240gb x1 120gb X1 60gb ssd's x1 1tb sshd, TM Warthog, Saitek rudder pedals, TIR5, Trackclip pro, x1 AOC 27" 1920X1080, GAMETRIX KW-908 Jetseat
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
Raf

Reputation power: 5
Raf is on a distinguished road

Mhhh, I'm thinking about adding a new tag in the auto-script for this.
Raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
joker62

Reputation power: 11
joker62 has a spectacular aura aboutjoker62 has a spectacular aura aboutjoker62 has a spectacular aura aboutjoker62 has a spectacular aura aboutjoker62 has a spectacular aura about

Thank you very much for this script and sharing it.
antonio.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
mwd2

Reputation power: 18
mwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nicemwd2 is just really nice

Uhhhiii, another tool, thanks Grimes for sharing.

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 92
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Very nice!
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
ENO
Veteran

Reputation power: 24
ENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of lightENO is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome grimes... looking forward to trying it out!

"Eno's Firehouse- SimHQ Server Lounge"
"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art
ENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
graywo1fg
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 53
graywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to beholdgraywo1fg is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic work buddy! Congrats on release This should be stickied
graywo1fg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
MBot

Reputation power: 49
MBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to all

Sounds very interesting. Could you elaborate a bit more what the script does, tactics and procedures that are employed? Did you find a way to get better control over engagements of specific targets? That has been the number one reason why I didn't touch radar SAMs yet.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote