Can't start server, error:-10049

*Rage*

Basically go and rename your user / saved games / dcs folder to "dcs1" and start the game back up. If that works (generally it's the network related folder that is "kaput") then you can move a lot of the other custom setting folders back. I'll grab a link- we talk about that a LOT from the last version.

It is mentioned here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114431

Many of those other fixes are also worth consideration if this doesn't work.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm. So you're getting a connection interrupted while you're a client on the same computer you're hosting on? Weird.

I'd be interested in seeing your resource monitor while you're playing- I know 8gb RAM is a recommended amount but I think that's only as a client... not hosting as well.

Sounds odd that this just started happening.

Are your ports properly configured? Unless you're in a DMZ on your router, you'll still need 10308 forwarded. (quite certain)

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem, the error that pops up FYI can be scrolled down to reveal the solution that helped me, go to user/ username/savedgames/DCS/config the network.config file check the interface line, it may be wrong, mine was. the error in game says to delete this, just the address and retry, when i did this the error was gone and I could host again, hope this solves yours and others issue with this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

Ahh,

I think this is not trivial and I need some more input regarding your security devices ( firewall/router, software-firewall and/or Antivirus Suite with additional features ).

You do need more ports than the obvious 10308 tcp and udp to be visible and recognized by the ED Master Servers but that ONLY applies if you have a outbound-blocking firewall. ALL home user routers DO NOT do this, only higher end devices take this approach but maybe you are stuck behind one of those, maybe withpout knowing.

Uss this thread of mine to sort out your Ports. All ports needed are listed in this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120856&highlight=xmpp

Contact me via PM if you need network help.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

too little RAM will cause a different error, went that road before with 6GB RAM in my lil Dell Box that I misuse as a DCS server sometimes.

Most bigger missions failed with 6GB RAM somewhere down the road, 8GB seems to make it for now, tendency to 12GB or more on the horizon if you plan to upgrade, go all the way to 16GB.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Guys please tell me what is wrong with my network.cfg

connection = {
   "ADSL 10240",
}
player_name = "German"
server = {
   disable_events = false,
   public = true,
   client_params = "motd=\"Welcome to A-10C server!\";",
   pause_on_load = true,
   upnp_control_url = "http://192.168.1.1:2869/WANIPConnCtrlUrl",
   upnp_service_type = "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1",