Notices

Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Devrim
Veteran

Reputation power: 29
Devrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to all
Arrow [DCSW: Mi-8MTV2] Black Cockpit Mod

...but not HD.

We came here from English Cockpit Mod page. Thanks to Flagrum and his idea, I made a black cockpit for Mi-8.

Notes:
  • I just changed the color of pixels, that's it. The graphic quality is same.
  • Please, do not create mirror files of this mod!

DOWNLOAD: DCS World Mi-8MTV2 Black Cockpit Mod v1.6b | Update: 08.30.2016 | (Compatible only with DCS World v1.5.4 and higher.)

Please try it and feed back about your feelings.

Thank you, have fun.

* I was going to make a black cockpit view for F2-view. But I realized that (if I'm not wrong) Belsimtek has embedded the cockpit textures in "skin" textures. So, it would not be an useful mod. That's why I aborted to do that. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-9MTV2_BlackCockpit-1.jpg
Views:	2830
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	88728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-9MTV2_BlackCockpit-2.jpg
Views:	2368
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	88729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-9MTV2_BlackCockpit-3.jpg
Views:	1936
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	88730  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Devrim_DCSWMi-9MTV2_BlackCockpit-4.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	88731  

MY MODS | MY CONTROLLER PROFILE

Last edited by Devrim; 08-30-2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Update v1
Devrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Flagrum
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post
...but not HD.

We came here from English Cockpit Mod page. Thanks to Flagrum and his idea, I made a black cockpit for Mi-8.

I'm still thinking that the black cockpit doesn't seem well to me, after many hours flying with blue cockpit.
But, couldn't resist Flagrum's insistence.

Please note those:
  1. I just changed the color of pixels, that's it. The graphic quality is same. So, don't expect high detail like Ricardo's work.
  2. Some texts may be seen in English, for now.
  3. If everything is OK, I can make a black cockpit for outside view.
DOWNLOAD: DCS World Mi-8MTV2 Black Cockpit Mod v0.9 (2.9Mb)

Please try it and feed back about your feelings.

Thank you, have fun.
Thank you so much! I really, really like it!

Regarding point 2, "some english texts, for now" - please leave it that way. This is exactly was what I was looking for - a bit more western like look of the cockpit with english labels. When I now mix these new "black panels" and your "english labels" into one MI8MTV-STND-TEXTURES.ZIP, then I have everything I have ever dreamed of (sort of :o) !
The author of this posting can not be held responsible for the content, the layout, the typography or colouring of the posting above. This is a beta version of the text and may not represent the final form of the author's thoughts. Everthing is subject to change.

Flagrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #3
Skulleader

Reputation power: 18
Skulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of light

Hello dear Devrim,

There's few minutes I've tested your Black Cockpit 0.9, it's cool and original but I have a preference for your Blue version 1.0.
But once again you are an Artiste !!!

Congratulation for this new Mod, great work !!!

Bye, Skull.

EDIT: I've found this photo of black pit:

A little video who show us durant a short moment one black cockpit, Time code: 0:22 to 0:29 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89YAtD8Rgc

Last edited by Skulleader; 09-30-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Devrim
Veteran

Devrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to allDevrim is a name known to all

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
...Regarding point 2, "some english texts, for now" - please leave it that way...
Of course I will keep this version. But, two friends requested this mod with Russian labels. When done, I'll release it as another version in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulleader View Post
...but I have a preference for your Blue version 1.0... ...EDIT: I've found this photo of black pit...
First - please don't get me wrong, -you know- it's not "my", Belsimtek's blue version. It was just a translation mod.

Second - Thanks for photo and video. I see that (I guess) the actual color of panel in that photo is brighter than mine. Because -probably- the photo camera reduced "exposure" because of daylight.

Anyway; I didn't spend much time about desicion of gray tone. I just did it. So, of course I can re-adjust panel's tone according to requests.

Thank you again.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Skulleader

Skulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of light

Hello dear Devrim,

This morning I've spent many hours to fly with the Black Cockpit V-0.9 and I found black tone perfect.
I'm not sure that one gray tone is better, I like this Black Cockpit V-0.9.

I have just a little question about one little element who always blue and not black, please can you change in black this element ?

I join you one screenshot of this element:

Once again I would like to thank you for all, best regards and have a good day. Skull
Old 09-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Esac_mirmidon

Reputation power: 37
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Thanks Devrim for your kind posts and great job.

I will try this english black version while waiting for the default russian cockpit in black.

Thanks again i´m very happy.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - Nvidia MSI 770 Lightning - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
Devrim
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
...one little element who always blue and not black, please can you change in black this element ?...
Hmm. I think it comes from PKV device textures. I'll fix it. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
...I will try this english black version while waiting for the default russian cockpit in black.
I'll release it soon, with update. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Skulleader

Quote:
Hmm. I think it comes from PKV device textures. I'll fix it. Thank you.
Hello devrim,
I wait with a lot of patience your fix, when you have release this Black version I was not too passionate by this "Black Pit" but now after have spend almost the day inside your Black Cockpit I'm falling love of this pit, a real pleasure to fly with him...

Please can you tell me if the quality of the "Black Pit 0.9" is the same that the "Blue Pit 1.0" ?

Thanks for all and best regards. Skull
Old 09-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
joker62

Reputation power: 10
joker62 has a spectacular aura about

Devrim, thanks for your efforts, but I'll wait russian version of this black cockpit.
antonio.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Devrim
Veteran

Arrow Update

Done. Newer Russian and English versions are uploaded. Please check the first post.

Quote:
...Please can you tell me if the quality of the "Black Pit 0.9" is the same that the "Blue Pit 1.0"?...
If I get your question right; Black Pit has same quality. Becuase I didn't create or paint a new texture. So, it's in same resolution as original. I've just juggled with general color values. I think that's a tricky way to do that in very short time. Thanks to Photoshop.