DCS Head Tracker DLL - Now Huey Gunner Compatible

Having just got the Huey module I became aware of the issues relating to the door gunner controls when using head tracking. So I took a look at my code to see if I could figure out why it was causing problems. It turned out that the fix was pretty simple, so here's a fresh build of the DLL that, at least for me, solves the problem.

HeadTracker Binaries.zip

HeadTracker Sources.zip

To summarize all the points that seem to be swirling about with head tracking in DCS World 1.2.6 and the Huey here are a few key points...

* The head tracker files need to be placed directly into the bin folder now.

* To use your mouse to control guns you need to setup a shortcut/button to temporarily disable FreeTrack.

* You then need to press LALT-C to toggle the mouse control.

There is also a special option for the Huey module to allow TrackIr aiming. I currently have this set to enabled and mouse aiming works in game (following the points above). I haven't tested what happens with the option disabled...

Fingers crossed this will work for everyone else, let me know how you get on :)

• Like 1

That's it. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

well done guys...I was losing any hope to get DCS work with my Freetrack...I've built a pc appositely for DCS + Freetrack and not getting it to work was quite frustrating (and hurting my account if I had to buy a trackir...)

however, please stick the posts with the file and the correct procedure (for 1.2.8 ) or edit the first post...it's difficult to find the actual solution and if one (like me) starts from the very beginning, it can get quite frustrating (or only time consuming) to try everything...while the solution is already at hand...

anyway, great job! :thumbup:

Edited by Mano

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Amazing help, thanks very much, since I got into DCS about 3 years ago, finally enter the level of needing IR tracking, so applied the necessary files to 1.5.6 it works fine also, works even better than VR in certain aspects.

For those in need of quick and detailed procedure following the original help from the guys above.

add the Headtracker.dll and Headtracker.prefs files into all 3 folders below

1. DCS World\ bin

2. DCS World\ bin\ headtracker (head tracker folder needs to be created)

3. DCS World\ Mods\ aircraft\ ****\ bin\

Happy Flying!

Legacy Catia Production Rig:

i?-xxxx, ^&*(%_+#, Q2000

DCS Sim:

hp 17" Omen GTX1070 Oculus X52pro& combat rudder

Private CGI Production Rig:

i7-6950x, Asus X99 E-WS USB3.1 SLI GTX1080Tix2

Really?

We used to install like that in very old versions of DCS World. More than a few years ago.

Until previous (v1.5.3) version of DCS, it was just OK to move headtracker.dll into \bin\ folder. That was it.

But, in latest version, this dll has started to cause DCS World crash. That's why I didn't want to fight this dll or FreeTrack, and I have directly installed OpenTrack. Now I'm asking myself, why I didn't try O.T. before.

No dll no cry.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 10 months later...