3-way flaps switch: SOLVED!

seikdel

Pardon me if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any info on this when searching the last time I tried to solve this.

PROBLEM: The P-51D has a 5-way flaps handle. The TM Warthog has a 3-way. There's no simple way to set the 3 positions we have to discrete flap increments (e.g. UP = 0°, MVF = 20°, DN = 50°). clickabledata.lua and the other files we've used for this in the Ka-50 aren't helpful here.

SOLUTION: After searching around the P-51D folder, I found a reference in the macros file to a different button for the control handle, allowing us to set up the 3-way switch on the TM Warthog!

Here's what the normal flaps settings look like (as close as I can remember):

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN23"}, }, down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 12, value_down = 0, name = "Flaps Down", category = "Flight Control"},
{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN22"}, }, down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 12, value_down = 1, name = "Flaps Up", category = "Flight Control"},

Change it to the following:

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN23"}, }, [b][i]down = 3001, up = 3001,[/i][/b] cockpit_device_id = 12, value_down = 0, [b][i]value_up = 0.6,[/i][/b] name = "Flaps Down", category = "Flight Control"},
{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN22"}, }, [b][i]down = 3001, up = 3001,[/i][/b] cockpit_device_id = 12, value_down = 1, [b][i]value_up = 0.6,[/i][/b] name = "Flaps Up", category = "Flight Control"},

Button 3002 seems to only allow you to increment or decrement the flaps handle by one setting. Button 3001, on the other hand, allows you to set the flaps handle to a certain position. 0 is flaps fully down, 1 is flaps fully up, and anything between in increments of 0.2 sets it to middle settings.

I hope this is useful to someone out there =)