Buying for someone else

Hello.

So, with current sale going on, I want to finally purchase a copy of Flaming Cliffs 3. My problem is, I can't do such, so I was thinking about getting someone to buy it for me and then I can send him money via money order at the post office to his account. I don't have a card now, so this will be easiest solution for me, as I want to make use of the sale.

Anyway, my question is:

Is this possible? Can someone buy a code and then just send it to someone else? And isn't that code bound to his account after purchase? And if so, is it possible to unbound it and then activate it on another account?

Thanks. :helpsmilie:

The purchaser can unbind his code from his account: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/myserials.php

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Best Idea is that you open a account - give the login info to the one that buys it via credit-card - So he can purchase directly from your account - than change your pass and even email after the bought item is registered in your account. - you have full control of the bought item inside your account.

This method makes sure that you have full control over the module/serial/key - and you are don't have to rely on help from outside (the original buyer ) when there is a quirk.

The method that EtherealN describes has the original purchase resisted not at your account AFAIK.

So you need to stay in contact or ask ED for transfer when you want to see the purchase also at your DCS account.

Edited by PeterP

Thank you for answers! So now I'll just have to find someone to buy it for me. Ok.

And PeterP, that could work, good idea. I already made account, so only one question - what information is send to email upon purchase? Does it matter if my or buyer's email will be used in that profile while purchasing?

You get a simple confirmation to your registered e-mail address - this is how it looks - if it matters that the one that lends you money sees it? - decide yourself. - but changing your email to his - will make it nearly impossible to recover your password when something went wrong - and you never hear again from the one that told you to buy it for you. and he will have also your serial and key- things he don't need to know. - just saying!

profile_mask2.png

Eagle Dynamics E-Shop <webmaster@eagle.ru>

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for purchasing our products! Your payment has been processed successfully.

The unique reference for this transaction is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please quote your login name and transaction code XXXXXXXXXXXX in all correspondence with Eagle Dynamics about this order.

You bought:

ProductPriceQuantityAmount Open beta of DCS: UH-1H Huey 1.2.4 (download beta version)

Your serial number(s):

XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

$49.99

1 $49.99

Total amount: $49.99

Please follow the link Downloads > Software to download the purchased product.

Primary support contact: http://support.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Secondary support contact: team@eagle.ru

User to user support: http://forums.eagle.ru

Troubleshooting. An illustrated known bugs data base with solutions and workarounds.

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Troubleshooting

===========================================================

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY THIS MESSAGE. IT IS AN AUTOMATIC NOTIFICATION.

===========================================================

Edited by PeterP