Petes /brissy A10

bnepethomas

Fantastic. Simply fantastic. And to be almost done? That would be incredible, especially with how good yours looks! I will be so elated when mine is almost done. Even when I am though, I feel it will never be "done." I'm sure there will always be something to do or tweak or change. But good on ya. You should be proud of your work.

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic. Simply fantastic. And to be almost done? That would be incredible, especially with how good yours looks! I will be so elated when mine is almost done. Even when I am though, I feel it will never be "done." I'm sure there will always be something to do or tweak or change. But good on ya. You should be proud of your work.

Thanks - I'm with you there will be always something to do on the pit, but what helps get some focus is having a half completed 737 to finish.. and then there is the F18 on the horizon :)

Peter you simply amaze me... and I thought I needed help :lol:

Holy crap man, where do you get the time. I mean I spend every waking moment doing at least something to my pit and after 8 months steady I'm still at it. All I can say is "well done my friend" you are a star. :thumbup: No one here is ever going to achieve all that you have.

And thank you so much for the information. That was an excellent start. I should have everything sorted by the weekend I expect.

Unbelievable....:pilotfly:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, from the I couldn't help myself department, decided a gray CDU wasn't good enough.

Ripped out the Open Cockpits CDU, disassembled, painted black, and while I was at it, simplified the interface. Was previous using the SOIC interface, which meant another piece of code to the sim. Now running OverPro's code on a Arduino so it is just another Joystick interface, all rocking!

P1060912_zpslotxjy1m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nicely done Peter. It looks fabulous. :thumbup:

But the big question is ... will you actually have time to fly it now that the 737 is underway?:music_whistling: :P

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Very nicely done Peter. It looks fabulous. :thumbup:

But the big question is ... will you actually have time to fly it now that the 737 is underway?:music_whistling: :P

Very good question John - one thing about the 737 is it is 'just' two panels front and overhead..... how hard can that be? :)

Just had a look. I think you get them for one third of the price from ebay.

I use the same for cmsc but for com panels I use 7-segment led displays.

Good find - got a pointer to the ebay ones? the one thing I liked about that specific OLED was the minimal space needed about the top and bottom, having a second supply option is a good thing.

cheers

Peter

This one is just an example: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251671201204&alt=web

I made very good experiences with chinese sellers.

Agree ebay have made the world a better place for buying electronic components.

Just a little thing - on the pricing front you are comparing OLED to LCD. I started with LCDs for this project, short story they need to be back-lit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when you compare the contrast ratio of a OLED to LCD, its hard to go back to LCD.

cheers

Peter

• 2 years later...

Been a couple of years banging away on a 737 which is now fully operational (I know...sounds like a quote from some Sci Fi movie :))

But now the F18 is close its time to get back into DCS.

Here's some work in progress of an AOA indicator. One of the things I've finally worked out is how to support a small piece of work while gluing it together (tired of gluing my fingers together....). Cut a matching space in a sheet of 3mm material, place the pieces together and then support the upper piece with another piece acting as a supporting 'collar'.

The other thing (given I don't have a CNC router) was how to use a laser to do the same short of thing as a CNC. Traditionally the laser has been used for cutting and engraving on paint, but if you slow it down enough (10% speed in my case), you can use it to engrave 'steps' in the plastic to give you a nice join (makes alignment simpler!).

And mental note, tap the 3mm thread before gluing everything together :)

IMG_1486.jpg.e82c56951792a328e5724d2e76e6fb66.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg.063e0c8bec6cf4f4d053220ffe54276b.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg.c654a8fe4216708daaac4adbd851aa32.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg.cfae8da52a9f46ed22f3f2a561172f76.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg.3d13742c4446b5e908bac9acf5bc7faa.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg.d51102964e53d67a4b594ba6b28c2e2f.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had always wanted to work out how to rolling digits on an OLED, hadf a few quiet days over the holidays, and finally got it sussed. Uses a SSD1306 OLED display, driven by a Raspberry, and a separate Arduino for the Stepper (yeah - my code is bodgy :))

For those interested, code is sitting on Github in the DevPlayArea

https://github.com/bnepethomas/bne-arduino-flight-simulator-interfaces

GKfAD_FwKnQ