Bad FPS? Give these a try, pt. II

msalama

Hiya -

Please find attached my most recent FPS tweaks (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95469 for a previous discussion on this).

Fly safe,

M.

EDIT: Also see the following as regards how I've configured my graphics chain for DCS, helps in reducing stuttering among other things: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=101079

EDIT 2: For v1.2.4 compatibility, use the attached graphics.lua instead of the original graphics.cfg and you should be good. Change the maxfps parameter to your liking however (I use 30 myself).

EDIT 3: For best performance use Rider1's smoke files instead of the ones in my package: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1715708&postcount=138

EDIT 4: Graphics.lua changed & reloaded @ 05-23-13 - using the same values for all object visibility settings now (i.e. camera section low, medium & high) - should work for folks w/ less than stellar rigs too I think

EDIT 5: Graphics.lua changed @ reloaded once again @ 07-29-13 - added a missing texture path

EDIT 6: Seems that v1.2.6. made this mod obsolete, some of the tweaks here seem to make the game stutter now - use at your own risk! Also, as of now I've decided to stop developing (well if you can call it that) and supporting this package, because there seems to have been some fundamental changes in how the v1.2.6. does things under the hood, and I frankly speaking have neither time nor interest to find out about all that. But I'll leave the package intact anyway, so folks can still access it if they want to. S!

M.

ConfigTweaksHIGHGeneric_v2.0.zip

SmallFX_v1.0.zip

graphics.lua

Edited by msalama
  • Like 2

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Hi, nice tweaks - the one workaround that gained me the most FPS (low level flying) was to remove/ rename the smokecloud.pfx, located here (after unpacking your tweaks):

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PFX\high\smokecloud.pfx

If just left there, the FPS drops when flying at low level, as discussed here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95143

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Yeah, I've heard about this problem, but since it doesn't affect me for some reason I've just left the file in. Everyone affected should delete it, however - thanks for pointing this out :)

Disabling the Chimney Smoke Emitter did wonders for me :p

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 months later...

* HEADSUP * HEADSUP * HEADSUP * HEADSUP * HEADSUP *

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1715708&postcount=138

If you replace the files in my package with the ones above by Rider1, the bugger gets even better! I'm able to run at a constant(ish) and smooth 60FPS even on a busy battlefield now myself, so please go ahead and give his smoke configs a try :)

What do these settings actually do? I've not applied any of these settings yet but I've got a fairly decent system and my FPS seems to be static at 30, no matter what I do to the settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Disabling the Chimney Smoke Emitter did wonders for me :p

How did you disable them? I tried editing the 'smokecloud' file but it didn't do anything.

I also saw some .cfg tweaks to lower the number of generated buildings/trees but I can't seem to find the thread anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I don't think my DCS has ever run so smooth. Thankyou I've added your and Riders tweaks and it has got rid of my stutters and slowdowns.

Thankyou by much.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Is there any changes to how to install or names of files with the new fire and smoke animations in 1.2.4?

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip

FPS killer for me is firing rocket salvos, in mid flight the game will go down to single digits fps wise or basically stop altogether, then go back to normal and then the rockets impact.

They have to fix either the rockets smoke trail or whatever as this really is a show stopper and has been like this with 1.2.3 aswell.

Ever tried firing a salvo of rockets at a ground target at 0-2 fps ? Then suddenly the game kicks back into life and you are 50 metres away from the deck in a dive when you previously were 300m before the fps took a dive after firing a rocket salvo.

Brand new clean install of 1.2.4, not an update, and it was also happening in 123 aswell.

I fly ground attack 90% of the time using the su25/T and its a must to carry rockets, esp in the vanilla frog but with this bug/problem its getting to the point where i wont carry them because its likely to cause major problems like finding yourself about to kiss the ground after the screen freezes and comes back to life, just because of rockets.

Edited by bumfire

Unfortunately, this problem is something I don't think I can do anything about. I've never had any overt FPS problems with rocket salvos myself - and frankly speaking, wouldn't even know where to start looking for a fix.

Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this one?

• ED Team

Just want to remind, that in order to keep your mods to graphics.lua intact after updates and even after graphic options changes via the GUI, make your changes in the Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg file.

Example autoexec.cfg lines:

options.graphics.treesVisibility = 1500
options.graphics.sync = false

Tech details:

graphics.lua file is loaded into options.graphics Lua table.

And after that, autoexec.cfg file is loaded.

Thus, you can override graphics options with the autoexec.cfg file.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

@msalama

Tested but no any FPS changes on my system (I was near happy before too - just problem with explosions - are fps killer - as always before 1.2.4). And noticed flashing textures of buildings - so, for low flight (UH-1H) its a big problem. Back to default.

But Thank You for sure!

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

make your changes in the Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg file.

That's true, unless you're using a mod manager such as JSGME, in which case you can just reinstall everything (although you should always check the new files for changes and modify as appropriate though).

With a gtx titan and i7 2600k@4.5ghz cant get more than 25 frames (cabin default view) in trainning takeoff mission. LOL THIS IS A JOKE?

Gpu dont go more than 70% all the time and i dont have any vsync enabled in drivers. Any knows any hidden option in game config a possible cause of this?

Thanks

Edited by djwave

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7 / I7 2600k@4.5Ghz / 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz / Aorus 1080TI waterforce extreme / SB XFI Fatality PCI / 3 Sata HD Seagate / 2 samsung evo 850 / Win10 64 Pro / P.S Corsair HX1000W / Full Tower Cooler master ATCS 840 / 3x U2410 Dell@eyefinity 3926x1920 / Oculus Rift.

Your resolution 6048 x 1200 may (might) have something to do with the low fps... swapping the Seagate platters(?) out for two SSD's may help also and moving your PSU over to a (sufficient size) single rail supply would certainly help your system

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Your resolution 6048 x 1200 may (might) have something to do with the low fps... swapping the Seagate platters(?) out for two SSD's may help also and moving your PSU over to a (sufficient size) single rail supply would certainly help your system

Tested with one monitor only. I can play crisys 3 on my 3 monitors all on ultra without AA with 23-26 frames without OC:music_whistling:. Here we have a problem with any config file for sure...:joystick:

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7 / I7 2600k@4.5Ghz / 16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz / Aorus 1080TI waterforce extreme / SB XFI Fatality PCI / 3 Sata HD Seagate / 2 samsung evo 850 / Win10 64 Pro / P.S Corsair HX1000W / Full Tower Cooler master ATCS 840 / 3x U2410 Dell@eyefinity 3926x1920 / Oculus Rift.