Mi-26 Screenshots

EvilBivol-1

The model looks great!

I love to be able to turn off that horrible bloom-effect. :) Implementing choice is catering for everyone

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I think we should be careful not to judge the bloom and lighting effects based on screenies. Might look much better in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Looks great! The Black shark -> Warthog graphics upgrade will be much more serious than LO -> Black Shark. I'm personally more glad about the Mi-8 3D model upgrade. The LO/DCS BS one was literally haunting :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/Bucic/DCSforum/dcs_black_shark_bucic_old_09.jpg

HDR without bloom/blur is perfectly achievable. Here in ArmA 1 (the left part of the image):

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w312/lethalSakura/sunmod.jpg

I am currently using one of these in a mission I have, it lands just infront of where I was taking off, I gave a little yelp when I saw how bad it looks. In comparison this...no actually there is no comparison.

Awesome work.

• Like 1

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wouldn't expect any functionality changes there, unless it's been announced. You can just have them fly around and look pretty. We will apparently have the ability to call in other aircraft (if designed into the mission), so it will be interesting to see how that will work. Maybe we can have aircraft loitering until a trigger sends them to their task? Might be able to simulate airlifts using that... we'll see.

Yes, I was thinking of a sequence of zones and trigger events for deploying troops and cargo to forward areas...., or simulating evac/pickups. I'm assuming likewise would be said for all the helo's beyond their inherent combat capabilities. I'll play with concept in FC2.......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That choppa looks great, my ONLY gripe would be the red beacon at the bottom of the helo, how does it manage to shine on certain places of the helo that would be impossible to do in real life.

I.E the rotorblades, on the underside they are all red due to the beacon underneath the heli, also inpart due to the red beacon on the left hand side of the helo, but the red lights extend to the underneath of the blades on the righ hand side of the helo, where no red light should be able to reach.

The KA50 suffers from a similar problem, where the beacon light turns things red, which due to the way light travels, would be impossible to do it real life.

But it is not a big problem and something I can easily live with if ED decided not to fix it, as this sim just gets better and better as each day passes and new info is released.

Edited by bumfire

Nice model, but it looks kind of faded ( so does the sky ). Very ArmA-ish. I would love to see a bright, beautiful world like Crysis. I like ArmA's engine, but I REALLY hate their FADED world ! I hope you guys don't do the same!

If I get you right:

I bet ED devs and testers are a bit tired answering the same 'issues' so I, as a bloom effect hardcore critic, will answer on their behalf :) This effect is optional.

You could always screw with your monitor contrast if you don't like how "faded it looks. That is if you as Bucic says option to keep the HDR effects ON vs OFF.

I happen to like how it looks it will make a huge difference when you see it at 30 frames per second vs a single frame.

It's optional - EOT. Half of bloom effect fans calling it HDR - whole another story :D

Edited by Bucic