- find a way to control displays for UV26, weapon panel and PVI

- printing the labels for BIT leds and push buttons for alarms and ABRIS

- finishing some missing equipment like APU control and laser warning

- mounting the hood

- lot of fixing: rudder and stick need to be more tightened

- installing cockpit lighting

- some cable clean up

- improving fps!!

sure... but indeed you need a white wall on which to project... I can't...

so big TV could be financial interesting / triplehead...

I'm just curious about some tester feedback for that soluce... before to go...

I have a 100 inch image with only ten feet of throwable distance. I got over the room limitations by taking the "First surface Mirror" from an old rear projection TV and bouncing the image off it. I cant stress what a big deal a projector makes on gameplay and sit. awareness.

Its great to see the progress CrC, really wish I can afford some time in this hobby lately but now with a kid on the way looks like more ideas will be on the back burner.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and a very happy new year 2010. I wish we will see on this forum a lot of new pits and hopefully the SDK promised by DCS to the pit builders when they released BS one year ago. :cry:

I have been doing some small addition to my pit:

- added a hood

- added (but not connected yet) the working ejection handle

- added (but not wired) the LWS on the overhead panel

- added (but not wired) the APU panel on the left along with a side wood panel to support it and to protect the fuel handles and rotor brake.

- put the labels on every lights and buttons

- some clean up mods and fixing.

My collective is giving me headaches as I still haven't found a way to make it hold still when I released it (which makes flying difficult unless you got a third hand :joystick:). In addition, the pot of the collective is not very accurate.

I have to try to have touchpal to work on the right screen of the panel. But BSVP is working great on a secondary networked PC (not visible on pictures). I am eagerly waiting for some additional features on BSVP (such as displaying the bugs on radio alti and HSI, full screen capability in portrait mode, ..., I know it's work in progress anyway).

Now the pictures:

SIMG_3856.JPG

SIMG_3858.JPG

SIMG_3861.JPG

SIMG_3862.JPG

SIMG_3863.JPG

SIMG_3866.JPG

I would like to start to implement the led lighting (alarms,...) but we are still missing the SDK from DCS. This is a bit frustrating.

Ah, also I promised a short video, but it is really hard for me to fly and shoot the video. Plus, it is really hard to show the action on the switches AND to result in game at the same time. All the attempts so far I made to show this on video are not very interesting. I think I need some external help.

Edited by BaD CrC

My collective is giving me headaches as I still haven't found a way to make it hold still when I released it (which makes flying difficult unless you got a third hand :joystick:). In addition, the pot of the collective is not very accurate.

I have to try to have touchpal to work on the right screen of the panel. But BSVP is working great on a secondary networked PC (not visible on pictures). I am eagerly waiting for some additional features on BSVP (such as displaying the bugs on radio alti and HSI, full screen capability in portrait mode, ..., I know it's work in progress anyway).

I would like to start to implement the led lighting (alarms,...) but we are still missing the SDK from DCS. This is a bit frustrating.

Your pit is an inspiration as always!

I had a similar problem with my collective. I solved it by extending the shaft past the pivot point (I used an old X45 throttle) and adding a counter weight. My only problem now is the collective settles a little right after releasing it. This wobble makes it a little difficult to settle in after changes but after that initial settle it stays put.

You should be able to extract all the information needed to do the leds now. That's how touchpal and BSVP get their data. Send me a PM maybe we can hook up over IM to see if I can't help you get started.

WOW!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

• 1 month later...

Nice work, but requiring 9 BU0836X cards is pretty too much, Why not use X-keys Matrix board, or Halstorm card, or Opencockpit card?

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work, but requiring 9 BU0836X cards is pretty too much, Why not use X-keys Matrix board, or Halstorm card, or Opencockpit card?

Well, several reasons:

- At that time, I wasn't feeling like learning SIOC

- I wanted a modular enough pit to be able to move it for LAN / Expo

- Kinda like USB. Plug and play.

- Don't like programming.

But anyway, now I am in the "outputs" construction phase, and I finaly concluded that IO cards is the way to go in order to see my hundreds of leds light up. So I have to learn SIOC after all. :cry:

IO cards on the way, as well as ribbon cable and resistors. Got a lot of soldering work for the leds. Hope I can find some time to do all this.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Where to find the hardware and software??

Hey man, great job on the pit, just wondering what software you used to display the instruments on the left side of the panel, and where did you get the switchs and dials from?

Thanks,

Spuds