DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... However, things are progressing well and we’re still on track for a release later this year ...

Thanks for the update, as long as things are on track that's very good news, means a good quality flight sim is on the way to us :joystick:

• Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

Translation of the flight manual to German and Spanish. These teams are also testing the manual against the software to make sure everything is matching up. At this point, I doubt we’ll be shipping a French version.

I think translation takes much time, so why you translate manual into example Spanish? This country isn't some power like example Germany or GB. Think English is the best... common international language and faster release in this aspect of game's progressing ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think translation takes much time, so why you translate manual into example Spanish? This country isn't some power like example Germany or GB. Think English is the best... common international language and faster release in this aspect of game's progressing ;)

The translation to spanish and german, probably, are doing for no ED team people, that is, betatesters and other contributors. So, no lost time for ED, they only have to allow to the translator teams have access to original beta manual.

Regards!!

It's not an arcade. Manual will be needed am afraid.

No doubt, but the people argue in which languages and so on, English should do, if you really want to fly, you'll find the way to understand... and if English version is finished, the others shouldn't affect the release date ... I don't know how about You, but for me every day is a challenge, normally I prefer flying to typing, but now flying proves to be difficult, as I already know too much about BS and waiting for the game release for ages... and I believe ED shouldn't translate the manuals, there are translators which does it... ahh, scrue the whole thing, I'm off to LOMAC...

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

like with eveything "the only way to learn is to play about with it".

with the producers videos translated it to GER SPN FR all would be good.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You right ofcourse - english should do. Other languages manual could be available in download section later if this has to slower release.

I do not believe that the translations into German or Spanish, the release will delay. :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

ViperVJG73 Quote:

I do not believe that the translations into German or Spanish, the release will delay.

I think so, too. ;)

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

I can understand the case of translating the manual and game into more languages than just english for marketing purposes, but not in the event of the delay of the sim. I mean, if it is such a big deal to translate it to those other languages, then why do they not have other sub forums devoted to the german and spanish languages? Here we just have English and Russian, so it would make logical sense for them to only sell in those two languages. If not,that why don't they just make some german and spanish forums too?

Not trying to be offensive, I just find it a little conflicting...

I can understand the case of translating the manual and game into more languages than just english for marketing purposes, but not in the event of the delay of the sim. I mean, if it is such a big deal to translate it to those other languages, then why do they not have other sub forums devoted to the german and spanish languages? Here we just have English and Russian, so it would make logical sense for them to only sell in those two languages. If not,that why don't they just make some german and spanish forums too?

Not trying to be offensive, I just find it a little conflicting...

The numero uno thing to realize about online communities relative to developer decisions is that the online community is a tiny, tiny, but oh so very VOCAL minority of the people who buy the product. The vast majority of people who bought Lockon do not chat on the the ANY Lockon forums. Furthermore, most don't even play multiplayer.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with you, just pointing out that trying to argue with a developer decisions (and I'm talking about ANY game here, not Lockon) because of what you see on the public forums has historically been a trip on the highway to no-where. Developers decisions based on community out-cry on the forums have many times been poor decisions in the long run. You have to hope that the developers are smart enough or well-funded enough to do the proper research regarding their markets rather than just be subject to the whims of their not fully informed community.

Tyranny of the Minority and all... ;)

The translations are on-going simultaneously with the rest of the product and are not themselves holding back development or causing any delays. There is still plenty work left besides the translations, which are in fact handled by a seperate group of translators.

HuRRaY! ME is finished.
Always the optimist, Poko24. :) The ME is "complete enough" to begin creating missions, but a lot of loose ends still need to be tied up. In programming realities, this can still be quite a task. However, the framework is there and stable, which is the big milestone in development lining us up on the finishing line.

Whole graphic designing team and 3D team working at a title screen or whole UI or what?
ED is putting together a new interface for Black Shark. The recent wallpapers give you a hint of the design style. Much of ED's artist talent is currently focused on the interface - which is also, by the way, fundamentally in place. In fact, this may explain why the Su-25/27 and MiG-29 models have been put on hold as we recently discussed.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

...Much of ED's artist talent is currently focused on the interface - which is also, by the way, fundamentally in place. In fact, this may explain why the Su-25/27 and MiG-29 models have been put on hold as we recently discussed.

This is actually a bit of bad move in my opinion because game interface is not something people will be braggin on and on about how nice it looks (as long as it's functional and user friendly) whereas upgraded 3D models of these aircraft would surely make a very nice impression on pretty much everyone flying Lockon right now... people want to fly not look at interface screens ;)

No longer active in DCS...

This is actually a bit of bad move in my opinion because game interface is not something people will be braggin on and on about how nice it looks (as long as it's functional and user friendly) whereas upgraded 3D models of these aircraft would surely make a very nice impression on pretty much everyone flying Lockon right now... people want to fly not look at interface screens ;)

Ok I was on the beta team for Falcon4. That is what they did to F4 released it to early and the game would crash in load screans missions screans and every where else. Another year of testing and tweaking the 1.08US patch came out and fixed most of the problems but not all. Had they delayed the releas and took the time to let the us tell thim all the problems. F4 would have ben a much better game on the day of releas. If you manged to get in game and flying it worked pretty good.

DCS get it dun right the first time I can wait. :smilewink:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Well, ED can't ship the game with an unfinished interface (be it functionality or graphics), while 3D models can be thrown in at any point later. So, for now, the priority is to make sure the new interface is ready and stable.

P.S. I mistakenly overstated the whole issue. Matt's original message said "some" of the art team, while I said "much" of the art team. Really, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Ok I was on the beta team for Falcon4. That is what they did to F4 released it to early and the game would crash in load screans missions screans and every where else. Another year of testing and tweaking the 1.08US patch came out and fixed most of the problems but not all. Had they delayed the releas and took the time to let the us tell thim all the problems. F4 would have ben a much better game on the day of releas. If you manged to get in game and flying it worked pretty good.

DCS get it dun right the first time I can wait. :smilewink:

It was a fault of interface - all these CDT in early version? Graphic designers had to screw it badly.

Boberro, check out the ammount of Spanish speaking people worldwide and the ammount of German speaking people ;)

So, why don't you skip the translation to both languages. That should do it:shifty:

You right ofcourse - english should do. Other languages manual could be available in download section later if this has to slower release.

Amen:thumbup:.

Edited by moderator

• Like 1

Kuky

Im just saying it needs to be dun right and the best the can. It was people rushing the F4 project that F%#d it up not the devlopers. So just hold your horses and wait for it. It will be worth the wait. I am sure they have enough presur on thim with out us hamering thim too. Good things come to thoes that wait. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/