[Request] Standardisation of controls

Temp89

I bought the Mig21 in the sale and I'm running into a lot of problems trying to bind controls in a way that matches the other modules.

When this module was released it was one of the first 3rd party ones done and there was no consensus on how to handle common controls. But now the lack of toggleable switches, the blocks are assigning joypad buttons to actions, the divergence in naming conventions of standard controls like the camera, and many other things are acting as a barrier to entry.

Can you work to update it so it's on par with other DCS modules?

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

LOL there is no standard whatsoever, modules use different philosophies to increase or decrease dials or selectors rotation. It's a real PITA and I can't wait that ED set rules for both consistency and versatility about that matter.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

LOL there is no standard whatsoever, modules use different philosophies to increase or decrease dials or selectors rotation. It's a real PITA and I can't wait that ED set rules for both consistency and versatility about that matter.

I agree. It's up to ED to drive the control schemas across different modules towards the standardization. Most outstanding example is the righ/left click where depending on a module it can be switch up or down.

Otherwise it's only up to good will of individual developers to follow practices used by others. Yet the MiG-21 is not the most confusing one. Mirage had gone through a number of iterations and it required substantial time till the right click had the same effect on all switches and rotary controls (some went up/left, others down/right on the same mouse button click).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Most outstanding example is the righ/left click where depending on a module it can be switch up or down.

Amen! Some might think this is nitpicking but if you jump between modules a lot without getting very comfortable on one, stuff like this is jarring. Please ED & 3rd party devs, find common ground on this.

• Like 1