[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I can't seem to get SimShaker Sound Module past Windows (10) Defender. SSA will launch, but when I start the sound module (SSSM) crashes because Defender has removed something (The system cannot find the file specified), SSA will continue to load.

I've tried several exceptions, including the folder in users/*user*/appdata/local/SimShaker for Aviators and the simshaker.exe

Is there a different, or specific file, folder or process I can add to the exception? is SSSM in a different location than SSA?

Thanks for your help

You could also try to exclude the SoundModule.exe in the Data folder.

It's really bad that some anti virus software don't like SSA. It seems that the main reason is, that we did't buy a official developer certificate...

Or that Simshaker reads the registry and modifies files in your DCS profile, or talks via networking techniques to DCS...

Hey f4I0

Totay i started up the BF-109, there i find that the engine rumble/piston beat was not working, and the dashboard shake,

I tested it in 2.1 and 1.7 with your version 1.0.1.25, but those 2 settings do nothing.

Because i was wondering maybe the plane... i started up the spitfire, but there the same problem, the 2 settings not working in spitfire :)

perhaps i am doing somthing wrong... but can not find it :)

Thats why i ask if you find a bit of time to check it out :)

I really love your simshaker for aviators.

Thanks to let me enjoy your work :)

Greets

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

I didn't appear to have any luck by including those as exceptions, but some time after it is working again. I think a small update occurred? Or maybe it just redownloaded somthing? Whatever happened Bill Gates smiled on me from Windows Heaven and everything is working again.

Thank you for the timely response!

Hey f4I0

Totay i started up the BF-109, there i find that the engine rumble/piston beat was not working, and the dashboard shake,

Because i was wondering maybe the plane... i started up the spitfire, but there the same problem, the 2 settings not working in spitfire :)

Hey, I'll revisit the 109 in the future... The last time I checked, DCS does still not provide RPM values for the Spitfire if someone (maybe cockpit builder) has solved this please give me a hint...

Update: Ok, I looked into the code for the 109. It seems ED/DCS stopped exporting the ManifoldPressure with the previous gauges. Further investigation is needed...

Edited by f4l0

Hello

Very much appreciate this great product, having a great time but there's some issues. Stall shudders/Vortex ring state does not appear to be working. Tested on UH1, Mi8 and SA342. Been running with only that option on and have not been able to get an effect in 2.1

Also i have one question.

In XP11 there is a shift in vibration side depending on bank angle which is fantastic for flying from the seat of your pants. Would it be possible to get this in DCS? (and hopefully a slightly better implementation in XP, it needs a little more blending and it reverses all the time) Also moving up your back when you pull the stick back and go vertical.

Thanks

Im only flying helicopters.

For XP when looking at the debug window engine type goes rapidly to helo then turboprop. Total weight says 0 max rpm 0 Ptch and bank angle are always 0. Airspeed in debug is wrong. Hopefully this helps.

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Hey, I'll revisit the 109 in the future... The last time I checked, DCS does still not provide RPM values for the Spitfire if someone (maybe cockpit builder) has solved this please give me a hint...

Update: Ok, I looked into the code for the 109. It seems ED/DCS stopped exporting the ManifoldPressure with the previous gauges. Further investigation is needed...

Thanks for the feedback :)

Greets

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

To all Spitfire-flyers: I found a workaround to add RPM effect for the Spitfire. I read the needles of the cockpit. Unfortunately, if due to some circumstances this needle is not moving, I can not change the effect. But this might be acceptable for now. I really hope DCS will implement a standardized export API one day...

Hello

Very much appreciate this great product, having a great time but there's some issues. Stall shudders/Vortex ring state does not appear to be working. Tested on UH1, Mi8 and SA342. Been running with only that option on and have not been able to get an effect in 2.1

It's not a product, it's freeware not payware, donations are welcome :)

However thanks for the kind words :)

I just did a very simple test and was able to trigger the stall effect in the SA342L in 2.1.

@All anyone else having issues with the vrs effect?

Also i have one question.

In XP11 there is a shift in vibration side depending on bank angle which is fantastic for flying from the seat of your pants. Would it be possible to get this in DCS? (and hopefully a slightly better implementation in XP, it needs a little more blending and it reverses all the time) Also moving up your back when you pull the stick back and go vertical.

Thanks

Using left/right motion effect is just very simple implemented. It should also work in DCS but I'll revisit this...

I personally only like the up/down vibro strength change when climbing/diving.

Im only flying helicopters.

For XP when looking at the debug window engine type goes rapidly to helo then turboprop. Total weight says 0 max rpm 0 Ptch and bank angle are always 0. Airspeed in debug is wrong. Hopefully this helps.

Yeah, the X-Plane Debug view is currently bugged. I need to reformat the string and add correct units. Also some variables are not used in XP11Mode. The debug view currently used is inherited from the P3D mode...

What helicopter did you use?

However, this is a DCS forum. Please let us move the XP11 discussion to the .org forums: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/123304-announcement-simshaker-for-aviators-is-coming-to-x-plane-11/&

It's not a product, it's freeware not payware, donations are welcome :)

However thanks for the kind words :)

I just did a very simple test and was able to trigger the stall effect in the SA342L in 2.1.

@All anyone else having issues with the vrs effect?

Using left/right motion effect is just very simple implemented. It should also work in DCS but I'll revisit this...

I personally only like the up/down vibro strength change when climbing/diving.

Yeah, the X-Plane Debug view is currently bugged. I need to reformat the string and add correct units. Also some variables are not used in XP11Mode. The debug view currently used is inherited from the P3D mode...

What helicopter did you use?

However, this is a DCS forum. Please let us move the XP11 discussion to the .org forums: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/123304-announcement-simshaker-for-aviators-is-coming-to-x-plane-11/&

I may have jumped the gun a bit here. After a lot of testing ive been able to get the effect. That is when starting around 10 knots pulling the stick back and dropping 700-800 feet per min or so. I couldnt get an effect when dropping like a stone at 0 or very low forward speed and pulling the collective up with almost no effect. Im guessing im falling to fast and that im not in my own wake. in any case, the effect is there so my apologies for that.

In the future if it is possible to have a checkbox for the left right and hopefully forward back motion it would be fantastic. Its amazing for vertical reference flying (slingloading)

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Hey F4I0

Can you explain to me how to donnate,

I want to donnate... i like your freeware, and i want to support the product i like :)

I read that you buy the av 8b with the donnations, so i want to support you a bit for the next release like f18 or f14 or bo-105 or other things that are on the way to dcs.

So you can keep on testing your aviator software with the new stuf that are comming ;)

Greets

Can you explain to me how to donnate,

I want to donnate... i like your freeware, and i want to support the product i like :)

I read that you buy the av 8b with the donnations, so i want to support you a bit for the next release like f18 or f14 or bo-105 or other things that are on the way to dcs.

So you can keep on testing your aviator software with the new stuf that are comming ;)

Thx, I sent you a message :pilotfly:

Simshaker have just installed the latest 1.0.1.31 but sound module is idetifed as an trojan, what to do...

Sadly, some anti virus software detects the soundmodule as malware. This is a false positive...

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.de/2017/10/antiviral-software-false-positively.html

Appreciate your work on this! Can confirm with tonight's update that Hawk ground roll bumps are gone and also found a weird bug with the A-10C APU rumble. It rumbles really loud through sound module (buttkicker) even if APU is not on. While flying I had to turn it down to 10 otherwise if was rattling my teeth out!

it dosent work, restored it but it still cant start

Which file is identified as malware?

Update: I uploaded the file to MS, let's hope they will fix this...

Edited by f4l0

Appreciate your work on this! Can confirm with tonight's update that Hawk ground roll bumps are gone and also found a weird bug with the A-10C APU rumble. It rumbles really loud through sound module (buttkicker) even if APU is not on. While flying I had to turn it down to 10 otherwise if was rattling my teeth out!

Thanks for the feedback. APU rumble for the A10C is really bugged...

Im getting the false positive too, on the Sound Module.exe

Happend after it downloaded the update.

Now when I try to launch Simshaker, I get a 'Cannot Start Application', and when clicking 'Details', I get this:

* [29-11-2017 20:14:07] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [29-11-2017 20:14:07] System.ArgumentException
	- Value does not fall within the expected range.
	- Source: System.Deployment
	- Stack trace:
		at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
		at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
		at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Tried downloading and installing again, but just gives me the same problem.

AV is updated - but wasnt when it 'cought' it as a trojan.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Which AB software did you use? The new cloud protection in MS Defender currently detects the SoundModule as malware. This should be solved in the next days when MS publishes new virus definitions (hopefully)

You could try to disable the scanner during the installation...

@All: the first (basic) Harrier implementation is ready. I need to check if the tail wheel stuff affects other planes... I think I'll release a new beta version soon...

Update: 1.0.1.33 - beta published with rudimentary Harrier support

Edited by f4l0

Which AB software did you use? The new cloud protection in MS Defender currently detects the SoundModule as malware. This should be solved in the next days when MS publishes new virus definitions (hopefully)

@All: the first (basic) Harrier implementation is ready. I need to check if the tail wheel stuff affects other planes... I think I'll release a new beta version soon...

Update: 1.0.1.33 - beta published with rudimentary Harrier support

Can i get the beta of ssa? I miss the simshaker, it feels so wrong wit no vibration, and have nothing wit version 1.0.1.32 with th harrier

I just use Microsoft Security Essentials

I tried installing with it disabled, still no go.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

After reverting to previous install in control panel / program and features (had no idea you could revert), Simshaker .25 would worked again. Then went ahead and installed the .32, and that works too now.