Spitfire Mod Request

I fly with mirrors off because of the framerate hit. But, I really don't like seeing that black circle up there. Would it be possible for someone to create a mod that puts a static picture into the mirror. You'd see the sky and the rudder, and it wouldn't move, but at least there would be something there instead of a black hole. Would that even be possible? Thanks for reading.

No mod needed - there is something called 'glance at mirror' (or similar) in the controls. As long as it's pressed, you see a set view with mirror, when not pressed any more it returns to normal cockpit view and the last picture stays static in the mirror.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Please Devs !!! Unscrew that mirror so we can fly without it if "mirros off" like in the Mi-8.

Lots of people do not use it because of the frame rate impact. It is a big ugly useless thing to see on top of the cockpit when it is turned off.

After those nice bombs, this is one of the few things that is a must for this great module.

Thanks

Grajo, a part of me agrees with you. Trouble is, the part of me that likes historical accuracy doesn't. I can't fine a single photograph of a Spitfire 9 that isn't wearing the mirror. For that reason, I doubt they'll allow it removed.

The mirror needs a bit of work yet to be sure but I use it regularly on all the time and glance as well.

The mirror is black whenever it rains which is understandable to a point.

I kind of feel that if we can't see the image (even rain distorted) in the rain then we shouldn't see the mirror either.

I am sure over time we will have proper images and maybe even the mirror in glance mode will react properly to the track ir when you lean side to side which it does not do at present.

I can live with the black mirror in the rain but I keep moving my head to see around the tail fin in glance mode but the view does not move with my head in "Glance".

It'll all come in time right?

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Drummer, I'm not quite sure what you mean by, "The view does not move with my head..." I don't think it's supposed to move. It just takes a snapshot of what was there when you pressed the mirror glance button, and the stationary scene simply stays there until you do it again. It's just to have something in the mirror other than a black circle, but it isn't meant to be usable.