export MPDS

yeldraw

Great, but is the process the same for the F-16C? That video didn't really solve the question previously asked. Especially for those starting their initial experimentations with exporting MFDs and such.

Long time Lurker.

Yes, its quite straight away, I've used it without problem.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Great job Spas....but can u please give more explanation and more details how and what lua file we modify?

It will be a great help....

All of us have the same ''bright'' issue with the exported mfcds...

thanks...:thumbup:

I'm going to type up a quick answer, will articulate later.

In short, you have to change the ONLY line in config.lua from "USE_LCD_MFD = true" to "USE_LCD_MFD = false".

Then it's a case of editing the two right and left .lua files to make the lines appear normal and not a blurry mess.

Seriously, have a look at my files, or just copy-pase them in your F16 directory (backup the originals first).

• Like 1

On a second thought, I'll attach a JSGME/OvGME ready archive as soon as I'm back home.

EDIT: the issue is that when you go USE_LCD_MFD = false, the EHSI export becomes unrecoverably unreadable... I have yet to find a workaround to this.

Edited by SPAS79

I'm going to type up a quick answer, will articulate later.

In short, you have to change the ONLY line in config.lua from "USE_LCD_MFD = true" to "USE_LCD_MFD = false".

Then it's a case of editing the two right and left .lua files to make the lines appear normal and not a blurry mess.

Seriously, have a look at my files, or just copy-pase them in your F16 directory (backup the originals first).

Thanks a lot Spas....after a little bit of a digging I found the location of the file....very helpful that you said ''in your F16 directory''.....for those ones like me....that we are not familiar with the game files...to find the specific ones is like climping mount everest.....:doh:

Thanks anyway......:thumbup:

keep it up!!!

I have downloaded DCS virtual cockpit server and played with it a bit.

I can move the MFD from my main display to my little lcd behind the thrustmaster MFD frame.

The problem I have is..

i resize the MFD image but when I transfer the image on the little display behind the thrustmaster bezel I can't make it square.

If I want to use the full area horizontally, the image will be much bigger than the bezel vertically.

So Part of the image is outside of the bezel vertically.

Any ideas?

I have downloaded DCS virtual cockpit server and played with it a bit.

I can move the MFD from my main display to my little lcd behind the thrustmaster MFD frame.

The problem I have is..

i resize the MFD image but when I transfer the image on the little display behind the thrustmaster bezel I can't make it square.

If I want to use the full area horizontally, the image will be much bigger than the bezel vertically.

So Part of the image is outside of the bezel vertically.

Any ideas?

Try different resolution for your little LCD or even on your main monitor.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Try different resolution for your little LCD or even on your main monitor.

Good luck

Yes the problem was I didn't correctly set the small displays resolution, they are 800x600.

That plus setting the image coordinates manually did the trick.

Thanks !

Now I have another problem

I correctly export the two mfds but instead of being black, they are transparent and I can see the world of DCS world with on top the MFD

@tomasm123 reported the same problem in this same thread page3 post 28

Any thoughts on this one?

Edit

I fixed it

In windows display setup you have to place the two little monitors where you display the MFDs under the main monitor where DCSW is displayed

Edited by gianlu320
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot Spas....after a little bit of a digging I found the location of the file....very helpful that you said ''in your F16 directory''.....for those ones like me....that we are not familiar with the game files...to find the specific ones is like climping mount everest.....:doh:

Thanks anyway......

keep it up!!!

I am divided between answering to you with the same sarcasm or just saying something sympathetic...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has anyone had luck exporting some of the displays to other monitors.

I have so far only gotten

L/R MFD

RWR

EHSI

I'm trying to get the others (SAI,Fuel Flow, etc)

in the same way of DED you can export PFLD (that is not yet implemented...) and CMDS

With USE_LCD_MFD set to False in the F-16C config.lua (which I need because MFCD readability), my EHSI looks like this

image.png

Thanks for this thread. I now have bright MFDs, DED & RWR extracted.

However my EHSI looks the same as your SPAS79.

Have you found a way to correct it?

aka Badger

X570 Aorus Master, Ryzen 3700X @3.8, 32GB DDR4@3200,RTX1070 Super, GTX 1070Ti, Win 10 Home, HOTAS Cougar, and some other DoDads

Thanks anyway......

keep it up!!!

If looking for these or any specific files, just do a search of the DCSopenbeta folder and they will pop up. Using notepad+++ of course to do any changes :)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I'll attach my files. It is a combination of telling the system you're not using USE_LCD_MFD (with config.lua) and then setting stuff as I have in my MFCD_x files.

These files really helps a lot, now we can get a good MFD extraction, thx.:thumbup:

BTW, my main 3D MFD now looks very very dark and not very readable, is that normal for these files ?

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

heya guys , thank you soo much , i'm pretty dumb in lua things , but now I have MFCDs , DED , RWR and EHSI working on secondary and tertiary monitors ... the Viper is more alive now , tkx a lot ;)

61st Sq 'Griffins'- Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

• 1 month later...

I tried this verbatim from the video, and it borked it up. I deleted the LUA file it created and everything went back to normal, so I thought maybe I missed something and went back over it, and it borked it again!

What do I do to the LUA files to the MFDs extracted??

Sorry, but I'm not to savvy at this and don't want to jack up my install. Any help would be great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Didn't use the server program, but I got sorted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

• 2 months later...
MFD export works with a default export setup("LEFT_MFCD", "RIGHT_MFCD"), but doesn't work with a custom device name(something like "F16C_LEFT_MFCD") for now. I can live with it, but its dark and poor resolution display is a real pain.

You need to also change the names in:

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\MFD\indicator\LCD\MFD_LCD.lua

Thanks

Enhanced HSI viewport is also already exposed from ED with EHSI add something like:

EHSI =

{

x = 3200;

y = 0;

width = 400;

height = 200;

}

to export it

RWR could be also exposed with a MOD. In :

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\RWR\indicator

open the file RWR_ALR56_init.lua and add this two row:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("F16_RWR")

then add F16_RWR to monitorSetup file as above

Thanks for this, will try later though..after my work at home shift ends

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I'll attach my files. It is a combination of telling the system you're not using USE_LCD_MFD (with config.lua) and then setting stuff as I have in my MFCD_x files.

Do i have to rename your MFD_left_init.lua to MFD_left.lua, and MFD_right_init.lua to MFD_right.lua?

Sorry but i dont understand how to set it up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 3 weeks later...