UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

if you're still looking for beta testers, I believe the picture's worth 1000 words.

1016216_351633738297887_79784766_n.jpg?oh=94c8d13d083ac7a2860f5b1d499830d0&oe=54E8E95B

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus X370, Win10 Pro, Intel I-9 9900K 4.8 128 gb TridentZ,

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

HTC Vive, Pimax 8KX VR, Nostromo Speedpad N52, Tmaster MFD x2

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloomin' heck! It's like you're the patient zero of testing novel graphics subsystems.

I assume you're running at least two gfx. cards in taht setup. Mind if I enquire as to which makes/models?

B

Thank you for the complement, I get that a lot. :-) I will reprint my specs but believe it or not, the whole thing runs on a pair of 670 GTX 4 GB cards…! and a Matrox triple head to go digital.

the rest is pretty straightforward.

Core I 7 2600 K at 4.2

32 GB PC 1600 RAM

2 -EVGA 670 GTX 4 GB (8 GB total)

Matrox Triple Head to Go digital edition with the 1920 HD upgrade

1 TB Samsung SSD

Manhattan Mondo hub 28 port USB powered hub

track IR Pro (Avegant Glyph on order:-))

12 - 1 TB hard drives (various models)

complete Saitek flight yoke set up W/rudder pedals (replaced the ones pictured)

Thrust Master warthog stick and throttle

Thrust Master MFD's

Real Flight interlink controller

3-D connection space pilot Pro

Saitek cyborg joystick.

Nostromo N52 (I'm on my 3rd one)

not pictured but interestingly relevant .

Full-Spectrum GEN 5 40 Watt laser cutter/engraver (not pictured) (for making A 10-C switch panels)

Shop Master El Dorado 3 axis CNC machine with a 4th rotary axis.

2-DOF motion platform in the basement (needs new motors and a rebuild)

I think that about covers it. I've been doing this a really really long time and stuff just collects. :-)

edit: I almost forgot… only the 3 monitors pictured on top are matched and purchased HP 24 WD OLED's, the rest of the monitors (2-24 inch 1-23 inch and 2-15 inch units on the lower row) I got from the local trash dump, and repaired them for total cost of about 12 bucks :-)

sorry for all the edits but every time I look around my desk. I realize there was something I forgot to list

Edited by JazAero
old age

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2X Nvidia TITAN V (volta) , 65" Samsung 7100 series 4K , 2 x 1 TB Evo 860SSD, 4 X 4TB HD, 8 X 2TB HD external array

Tmaster Wathog, Elgato Streamdeck, 3DX Spacepilot pro,, Thermaltake 900 tower Corsair H150 WC,

Very cool.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

I think that about covers it. I've been doing this a really really long time and stuff just collects. :-)

I know exactly what you mean. Looking at that setup reminds me of something similar I used to run back when I was working on autostereoscopic displays. Just throw in some oscilloscopes and Frikkin' (low-power holography) Lazors and you get the idea.

Back to the point: In the interests of proof-of-principle I knocked together a multi-dissimilar-gpu setup earlier. All went without a hitch: the exported displays appear happy even while straddling monitors owned by different GPUs. This, I should add, is entirely down to Windows having been "done right" under the covers.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

I know exactly what you mean. Looking at that setup reminds me of something similar I used to run back when I was working on autostereoscopic displays. Just throw in some oscilloscopes and Frikkin' (low-power holography) Lazors and you get the idea.

Back to the point: In the interests of proof-of-principle I knocked together a multi-dissimilar-gpu setup earlier. All went without a hitch: the exported displays appear happy even while straddling monitors owned by different GPUs. This, I should add, is entirely down to Windows having been "done right" under the covers.

wow, and I thought I was a geek…! :)

what can I do to help you test the system? We could converse on Skype if you like, just PM me and I'll give you my Skype name.

I get so disgusted with Helios and having to redo the screens all the time. As I write this I just picked up a 27 inch 4K monitor :thumbup: I plan to replace several of the lower tiered monitors. In the interest of saving a little $$ electrical costs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Yet to undergo the usual graphical "polishing", but here's a quick peek of the latest (and most complicated of all) addition to the family:

CDUPreview.jpg

This one has some cool time-saving features that I'm sure you'll like. Want, for example, to type (Edit: using your keyboard) coordinates directly in to the CDU without tediously mapping a tonne of keyboard commands? No problem! UltraMFCD's CDU has an automatic mapping mode.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

AWESOME! im saving a mimo screen for a CDU

Cheers mate (I'm a brit so im legally allowed to say that)

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

take my money already!

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Hi, excuse my ignorance however, is this a solution to export the MFCD displays to separate screens as in 8" Lilliputs?

Or is it purely suited to enlarging the MFCD screens in game?

I ask as I have one 8" Lilliput that I have yet to set up\install - I'm kinda waiting on Coretex releasing their F\A-18E, I'll then obtain another two, one for the touch screen UFC and the other for the right DDI....Hopefully!

Looks really good all the same

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

Hi, excuse my ignorance however, is this a solution to export the MFCD displays to separate screens as in 8" Lilliputs?

Or is it purely suited to enlarging the MFCD screens in game?

I ask as I have one 8" Lilliput that I have yet to set up\install - I'm kinda waiting on Coretex releasing their F\A-18E, I'll then obtain another two, one for the touch screen UFC and the other for the right DDI....Hopefully!

Looks really good all the same

If you can put a normal window on the 8" display, you can put an UltraMFCD there. The system turns the displays in to normal windows.

• Like 1

If you can put a normal window on the 8" display, you can put an UltraMFCD there. The system turns the displays in to normal windows.

I should perhaps put myself forward as a Beta tester to see if it does work with my Lilliput?

Where do I sign up for it?

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

It'll be very soon (he said, again). I'm in the position where I have to spend some £££, so putting it off as long as possible. :lol:

Ouch, wrong time of year for financial outlay, I'll keep an eye out for your updates - I'm keen to know if your app is going to work with the 18E so, have plenty of time it would seem :thumbup:

Dave

regards direct typing, I assume the window has to be selected for direct typing to work? how would that work if your app was displayed on a separate monitor? how is your app given focus in this instance?

Again, please excuse my ignorance on these matters.

Dave

regards direct typing, I assume the window has to be selected for direct typing to work? how would that work if your app was displayed on a separate monitor? how is your app given focus in this instance?

Again, please excuse my ignorance on these matters.

Double-click/tap the display. There will be an A-10-like SOI yellow box around the input to make it clear that you're in the entry mode. A single click/tap/escape/anything else will exit said mode.

Edit: I.e. one has to click an LSK or OSB to assign the new input. That action would implicitly end the keyboard input mode. Additionally, Escape maps to CLR. It too could cause the mode change.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Thanks for the explanation, hopefully I'll be beta testing soon whereupon I'll have more questions though your app appears to be what I am looking for however, not knowing the full strength of Coretex's 18E I can only hope a third touchscreen will work as the UFC and your app's direct typing will work flawlessly with the UFC scratchpad.

Keep up the good work....

Dave

Thanks for the explanation, hopefully I'll be beta testing soon whereupon I'll have more questions though your app appears to be what I am looking for however, not knowing the full strength of Coretex's 18E I can only hope a third touchscreen will work as the UFC and your app's direct typing will work flawlessly with the UFC scratchpad.

Keep up the good work....

Questions and suggestions are where it's at! The ultimate goal, of course, is for the system to be completely intuitive. It's sometimes difficult to keep on top of that particular aspect as the developer. Many be the "interesting technical issues" etc.

going back to this, I'm unsure as to whether a normal window can be put on the 8" monitor, I believe the MFCD output is exported via a lua script though I must stress I don't know as I have yet to set up or for that matter look into how to set up the monitor for this purpose.

I remember years ago setting up a second vga monitor to display the Shkval in KA-50 though there were orientation issues and the monitor was just that, a monitor with no internal graphic card ala Lilliput 8" usb monitor.

I'm hopeful your app is the plug and play solution that I'm looking for?

And looking forward to finding out.

Dave

going back to this, I'm unsure as to whether a normal window can be put on the 8" monitor, I believe the MFCD output is exported via a lua script though I must stress I don't know as I have yet to set up or for that matter look into how to set up the monitor for this purpose.

I remember years ago setting up a second vga monitor to display the Shkval in KA-50 though there were orientation issues and the monitor was just that, a monitor with no internal graphic card ala Lilliput 8" usb monitor.

I'm hopeful your app is the plug and play solution that I'm looking for?

And looking forward to finding out.

It's got nothing to do with DCS's exports. All of the exporting stuff is done automatically by uMFCD. Can you drag any given window to the display?

Questions:

Will there be shortcuts to hide/unhide the exports ? Say I wanna use the CDU but do not want to look down and tilt my head to get a proper angle.

Guessing a multiple monitor set up would benefit from this ?

How about touch screens ? Export on a touch screen and press from there.

Wonder if I can use these exports to feed into the A-10C iControl DCS app on the ipad ?

Patiently waiting for one for the Ka-50 as well.