Autopilot-Standby / Stick-Interaction

eoh667

I think this might be a bug. Try this:

• Enter level flight and normal trim
  • Enable autopilot (& altitude hold)
  • Move stick to an extreme position. At this point the plane should not react (which is expected).
  • Enable (and hold) autopilot standby with stick still at extreme position
  • Wiggle stick slightly and release autopilot standby

Result: The stick will be stuck in an extreme position (almost as if applied extreme trim). Resetting normal trim is almost impossible and stick (visually) in the cockpit behaves strangely as well.

Edited by eoh667

If I may add:

Move stick to an extreme position. At this point the plane should not react (which is expected).

This is indeed how DCS M-2000 reacts for now, but this is not what should be expected.

If AP engaged + stick deflected more than X (without using AP standby, of course), then AP shoud be overriden by stick.

I'm looking for X.

++

Az'

spacer.png

Override as in canceling the AP, or override as in making adjustment to the heading/alt, and then going back to AP?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, it's not intended to make adjustments (*), but anyway if you override it this way, the AP goes amber, and back green (engaged) when you relax the stick.

(*) if the pilot grabs the stick "correctly", he automatically will press the "AP standby" control. This is the normal way of doing it.

spacer.png