Light Reflection on the Mirage 2000C

Mav783

Hello everybody,

Wanted to speak to you about something concerning the Mirage 2000.

I see, it lack some light reflection.

Explaination :

Look at this (really good) video :

Its a Su-33 evolving in DCS, and as you see, the sun and sky light reflect nicely on the model of the plane. It really give a good photorealistic rendering.

I checked on DCS, online.

In the same situation, the Mirage is one of the plane that does not reflect that much the sun and lights on it textures.

The F-15 is not doing it that much also.

It depend the texture and basic material setting of the plane. Even IRL.

On the Mirage, Su-25T and F-15 its mate.

On the Mig21 and L-39 it reflect much more (too much for the 21 maybe ?). Its more shiny.

Some are in the middle and are reflecting from hard to smooth big area as the Su and Mig29.

Its realistic but i can see that the Mirage lack little reflection setting on its material (shader) or power on its specular map (in texture).

Reality give it more than in game :

https://rhk111smilitaryandarmspage.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/mirage_2000-5f-javier_rodrc3adguez_thru_wikipedia_commons_02.jpg

And also, i see, it make the Mirage little flat comparing to other plane, and that affect the visual realism and integration of the plane in it environement.

I mean, because realism, it does not deserv hard reflections as the Mig21. But giving it little more will add visual integration with graphical effects, and pleasure to see it, without killing the realism.

It will add to make the model less flat in it environement.

I miss that :)

Bye

How to say ?... I love you, thank you !

Do the spec will be updated "officially" from Razbam ?

Cause this folder brake the integrity no ?

Anyway, big thanks for your answer.

You made my day :)

Ps Edit : j'avais pas vue que tu était FR ! Merci à toi, je me sentait seul :) ++

Edited by Mav783

Just, it work only with one skin, do i need to add the specular map to the "liveries" ?

It don't work with obly adding to the textures only ?

EDIT : No, it just have a bug in multipplayer mod, i will check if i installed it nicely

Edited by Mav783

• 3 weeks later...