My first F-14 sim :)

Coxy_99

This was my first F-14 Sim!

Outstanding - note the Sidewinder seeker head moving search pattern at the HUD.

Both Boresight SCAN and Radar SCAN ! :thumbup:

(Never to be seen in other F-14 sims so far, not even Aerosoft's F-14X implemented this - still the usual arcadish point & shoot universal fixed sight we see in many so called sims today.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Outstanding - note the Sidewinder seeker head moving search pattern at the HUD.

Both Boresight SCAN and Radar SCAN ! :thumbup:

(Never to be seen in other F-14 sims so far, not even Aerosoft's F-14X implemented this - still the usual arcadish point & shoot universal fixed sight we see in many so called sims today.)

Although it pales in comparison to DCS, Fleet Defender, along with Tornado, were among the best "study" sims of their era.

Thanks! Steam is awesome for including everything in the package!

No problem.

If you want to get the full effect, install Munt (Roland MT-32 emulator), and configure it with the normal MT-32 rom or CM-32L rom. Then once you have Fleet Defender installed in 3.11 in DosBox, set your sound configuration as follows:

Roland (as you set with the rom, MT-32 or LAPC-1/CM-32L

Address 330 IRQ 2

Then, for the digitized speech card, enter as follows:

Soundblaster Pro (later)

Address 220 IRQ 7 DRQ 1

This is the easiest set of parameters to guarantee it all works without conflict.

Also, you have to run it from the Microprose folder rather than the Fleet Defender folder, unless you have DosBox mount the CD rom folder before entering the program.

Aero Elite: Combat Academy

Yes, it was on the PS2 - and yes, I still have my PS2 specifically for this game :smilewink:

It was, to me, a huge jump away from the arcade games for the consoles. It did have the arcade options, but you mostly did quasi-real type training and combat flights. That and access to fly almost any platform your heart desired....fixed wing, rotary..but I always found myself in the Tomcat. I remember you could take the F-14 up to max altitude, drop the nose, push full-burner, and on the way down break M2. When you did it the first time it unlocked an easter-egg and you were awarded a secret plane unlock.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

I dont remember which one I bought first, but I know I installed all of them around the same time on my 486/586.

Fleet Defender

Jetfighter II

U.S. Navy Fighters

Top Gun : Fire At Will

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My fist sim ever was f-16 combat pilit for zx-spectrum, but fleet defender was one of my favorite sims.

XyhhuZyh0aU

Did somebody try strike fighters 2? Its like navy fighters but with beter graphics.

PgToL14620w

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Did somebody try strike fighters 2? Its like navy fighters but with beter graphics.

PgToL14620w

Yeah, doing that from time to time. Very good modding community. I prefer their modded F-14s to the ones that came in the NA.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

My fist sim ever was f-16 combat pilit for zx-spectrum, but fleet defender was one of my favorite sims.

Yeap !

" Strike Fighters 2: North Atlantic " was the reason why I upgraded from Win XP to Win 7.

(Obviously because of the F-14.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

PgToL14620w

w/ More Bugs....

Thirdwire Abandoned PC Development before they Finished patching the bugs.

$30 is Steep for an unsupported title, and it's $30 a Pop for Europe, Israel, Vietnam, and Base (Generic Terrain). so $150+, Then You have the 2 Expansion Packs... at 25 a pop, so it's now $200.

TW should just make a SF2 Master Pack/Gold for $30 w/ Everything.

TW Removed all the Extra Planes and Liveries from their Shop as well. (well, the DLC isnt Linked on their Site, but there's one remaining DLC Shop Link Buried on the store page).

I have projects that were never finished for SF2 due to the bugs left behind, one of the reasons I moved to working on projects for DCSW

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

w/ More Bugs....

Thirdwire Abandoned PC Development before they Finished patching the bugs.

$30 is Steep for an unsupported title, and it's $30 a Pop for Europe, Israel, and Vietnam.

TW should just make a SF2 Master Pack/Gold for $30 w/ Everything.

TW Removed all the Extra Planes and Liveries from their Shop as well.

I have projects that were never finished for SF2 due to the bugs left behind, one of the reasons I moved to working on projects for DCSW

+1

I was also a hardcore SF2 modder until TK stopped being responsive to legitimate questions and concerns and spent more time answering troll posts. I was fortunate to get a SF2 anniversary pack, which included everything except for North Atlantic (which hadn't been released), so TK could do that again.

SF2 was a brilliant idea: a highly moddable survey sim with easy-to-make dynamic campaigns. There are some things that TK implemented that I wish DCS would pick up (decal system independent of the 3D object, dynamic mission generator). Unfortunately, multiplayer code was never put into SF2 (was in SF1), and this was a sim screaming for multiplayer coop.

Edited by Home Fries

I have All the Installers + Installed Folder Compressed to RAR Backed Up.

I never bought any of the DLC Aircraft, since the community had better models and aircraft already.

No problem.

If you want to get the full effect, install Munt (Roland MT-32 emulator), and configure it with the normal MT-32 rom or CM-32L rom. Then once you have Fleet Defender installed in 3.11 in DosBox, set your sound configuration as follows:

Roland (as you set with the rom, MT-32 or LAPC-1/CM-32L

Address 330 IRQ 2

Then, for the digitized speech card, enter as follows:

Soundblaster Pro (later)

Address 220 IRQ 7 DRQ 1

This is the easiest set of parameters to guarantee it all works without conflict.

Also, you have to run it from the Microprose folder rather than the Fleet Defender folder, unless you have DosBox mount the CD rom folder before entering the program.

Thanks again! I feel like it's 1995 again. :holiday: