Mi-8MTV2 News

News No 34.

Glorious crew of MI-8MTV2, took another step forward in their professional development!

Introduced a new function - voice-over of helicopter crew reading the checklists.

Checklist servs as additional control option of most important operations which determine the helicopter and crew readiness for the next stage of flight.

Control using the control checklist is a compulsory complex of operations carried out by order of commander specified stages of flight.

After the command "Read Checklist" is given, each crew member perform commands according to checklist and reports performs on completion.

There will be 6 new commands in settings menu:

LShift + Num1

LShift + Num2 .. + Num6

the number on the numeric keypad stands for corresponding checklist card number.

Procedures according to checklist card after pressing the corresponding button will go continuously.

In case all checklist card requirements are met then there will be no delay and next card item will be processed.

If condition is not met, card item is being read, then if within 5 seconds condition is met - there will be an answer.

In other case after 5 seconds have passed all checklist reading procedure stops.

Note for the real pilots. There are few checklists in army aviation and a lot of in civil. We made an intermediate version of the checklists, suitable for flight conditions in DCS. Checklists are especially prepared for the MI-8 on MTV2 DCS by BELSIMTEK.

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team

Hi guys, I am having issues with this new feature. I simply can't get it to work. Pressing each one of these six commands results in..well...nothing actually. Am I missing something? Could it not be working in combination with the Rift CV1? It doesn't work in both 1.5 Public and 2.0 OA.

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

from today's changelog:

Joystick input for AI gunners panel added.

what does this mean?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 month later...

Keep looking at the Wednesday update briefs on the forums, that should give you enough information regarding bugs and features of the Mi-8.

Right now, they've changed the gunners behavior as well as implement the slider AI accuracy in the mission editor in DCS2.1 We can only hope it'll make its way into 1.5 soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 5 weeks later...
;3112922']Hi guys' date=' I am having issues with this new feature. I simply can't get it to work. Pressing each one of these six commands results in..well...nothing actually. Am I missing something? Could it not be working in combination with the Rift CV1? It doesn't work in both 1.5 Public and 2.0 OA.[/quote']

Seems to be broken in English in 2.1

If you switch the Avionics Language to "Native", it works just fine... but only in Russian. :noexpression:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 4 weeks later...
Hip pilots doesn't need a GPS. With a Map and the DISS-15 we are able to fly to the end of the world if it's necessary. :D

Well more features are always better than less features. May be you could fly but there are many who want to fly with GPS. Especially FSX background players.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Well more features are always better than less features. May be you could fly but there are many who want to fly with GPS. Especially FSX background players.

I was joking :), the emote :D was the clue.

Of course, implementation of a Garmin GPS is a great improvement in the field of avionics, especially for players. :P

no news for a long time for the gps module. this will help fliying with many palnes and helicopters

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

;3112922']Hi guys' date=' I am having issues with this new feature. I simply can't get it to work. Pressing each one of these six commands results in..well...nothing actually. Am I missing something? Could it not be working in combination with the Rift CV1? It doesn't work in both 1.5 Public and 2.0 OA.[/quote']

I have the same problem, the reason this doesn't work is because when English is selected as the avionics language... This feature doesn't function, the avionics language in the in game settings must be set to native (Russian) in order for this to work.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future, because I don't understand Russian and find this to be a very useful feature for flying the Mi-8MTV2.

This is the reading of checklists feature of your AI crew.

• 2 weeks later...
for $15?!

Well, it's a complete and thorough simulation of this gps system. So I understand why they're making us pay for it. I would have expected to see it at 10 bucks instead of 15 but hey at least it's still in the realm of reason.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it's a complete and thorough simulation of this gps system. So I understand why they're making us pay for it. I would have expected to see it at 10 bucks instead of 15 but hey at least it's still in the realm of reason.

Since $15 is not a sale price, you can use bonus bucks on it. I think I paid $11.

Doesn't actually "solve" the issue, but does make it a bit cheaper for people with bonus bucks lying around.

--gos

People seem to forget how much effort its takes to make things like this, let alone production cost. Nagging about a few bucks for something you can have hours of fun with. For this money you buy yourself a meal which you eat in 10 minutes and your body processes it in 1 hour, and I dont here anybody complaining about that.

• Like 1

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I buy a module and now needs to purchase single systems for $ 15. What is the next? No thanks!

I buy a car and now need to pay for extra's. Whats next? Pay for different rims? Navigation system?

This is a module that isnt for the Mi-8 only. Mi-8 is just the first to support it, well and L-39, unofficially kinda.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I buy a module and now needs to purchase single systems for $ 15. What is the next? No thanks!

Need? That's the question. As long as these addons remain optional I'd say go for it.

If the next Hip campaign requires the module to run I'd have a problem.

For the time being though, I think this is an interesting direction and opens up a number of ways to develop DCS.