MiG-19 Development

OverStratos

I would be surprised if MiG-19 ever got any meaningful countermeasures installed.

May be some countries eventually upgraded them with those but, MiG-19 was mostly obsolete and out of service in most parts of the world by the time when countermeasures became a commonplace thing. Even most of the MiG-21 versions didn't get them. Majority of the airforces that soldiered on with the type actually had J-6, the Chinese derivative.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I would be surprised if MiG-19 ever got any meaningful countermeasures installed.

May be some countries eventually upgraded them with those but, MiG-19 was mostly obsolete and out of service in most parts of the world by the time when countermeasures became a commonplace thing. Even most of the MiG-21 versions didn't get them. Majority of the airforces that soldiered on with the type actually had J-6, the Chinese derivative.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Well... You can always just jam all the colored flares out (that is if it had any...), it would be a more interesting and colorful sight for the missiles! ;)

But well, when we look at opposition from the same time period. Then a simple hard turn could defeat a missile. :D

Of course the same applies to your missiles as well... :I

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Ok, ok. Back on MiG-19p topic! :D

How were the CM? Did it even carry them, did it have the option to attach them on special racks like on the MiG-21bis?

Only on the Chinese versions unless I've missed something.

Only on the Chinese versions unless I've missed something.

Ok, thx for the info! :D

I am really exited about the HUD with the target marker on it! :) It seems such a step back that the MiG-21bis doesn't get it tho... Would have been so great for night missions. :(

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

The target marker is an aim and distance indicator.

It´s not designed to show the target espacial location, but to show the cannons impact point. The diamons reticle remain still while the target marker moves around the sight. You need to align both, and then 30mm pounding multiplied by two.:D

The target marker is an aim and distance indicator.

It´s not designed to show the target espacial location, but to show the cannons impact point. The diamons reticle remain still while the target marker moves around the sight. You need to align both, and then 30mm pounding multiplied by two.:D

Yeah, but still makes night/limited visibility fighting so much easier! Y u Russians get rid of it for the MiG-21bis!?!? ;)

Well... Probably because missiles are going to do the job better, from a farther range, and if you fire 6. The chances of not getting a dud or a malfunction are in your favor. :)

And of course, 2x 30mm pounding (add to that 2x R-3S) is always a nice thing to have coming towards your enemy! :D

Gonna be a nice bird to learn! Do you guys have any plans to do other Russian aircraft in the future? Maybe Su-15 if we are going for fighters/interceptors or Su-17/20/22 for strikers?

And of course, one can only dream about a full fidelity (realistically early model) MiG-29/Su-27. But as far as I know those are planned by ED. Though I would prefer cold-war era birds! :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Is there any ETA for the MiG-19 module? I was unable to find anything regarding this.

We can't talk about schedules and deadlines. Sorry.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Is there any ETA for the MiG-19 module? I was unable to find anything regarding this.

As far as I know the plan is to get it out in late 2017/early 2018. But it can always turn out that something holds it back so conservatively, next year should be it. :)

Edited by asla36
Got a numbah' wrong! >:[

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Well... You can always just jam all the colored flares out (that is if it had any...), it would be a more interesting and colorful sight for the missiles! ;)...

They don't care, they are colorblind.. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

They don't care, they are colorblind.. :D

That's sad, wont someone make a fundraiser? :(

On a brighter note, still SHINY!!! :rotflmao:

And if any SAM's try to also get love and attention... Back to your corner! Nobody likes you! :devil_2:

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

As far as I know the plan is to get it out in late 2017/early 2018. But it can always turn out that something holds it back so conservatively, next year should be it. :)

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm a sucker for 2nd gen jets (we really need more of them) because you get archaic technology and missiles but gunfights aren't completely out of the question. Plus I just love the MiG-19. This will be a long wait for me :(.

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm a sucker for 2nd gen jets (we really need more of them) because you get archaic technology and missiles but gunfights aren't completely out of the question. Plus I just love the MiG-19. This will be a long wait for me :(.

On the brighter side (yes again), we have some awesome modules coming up to get learning! F-14A/B is going to be a very interesting BVR experience with older technology. AV-8N/A is going to be an awesome strike experience. The F/A-18 was teased to be "later this year" by Matt Wagner, and Leatherneck are cooking something... And we are hopefully going to get all these together with the MiG-19 THIS YEAR!!! :D

Though it would be far more realistic to be expecting them in a constant stream of releases stretching from mid-late 2017 to early 2018. We live in an amazing time for simulators don't we? But sadly it only means one thing for our wallets... ;)

So remember, for all of us here on Earth time moves at the same rate (if you are not flying or moving in any fast way). But enjoying the time spent makes it seem a lot faster. So in conclusion, we are going to have an awesome wait for the MiG-19! :)

Edited by asla36
!!! Gotta make it more enthusiastic!!!

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
This will be a long wait for me :(.

Not really. You can always leave a will for your relatives to dump a copy near your grave if and when it is available *

*massive pun intended.

This space is available for your advertisement