Auto-start is broken in the latest patch

backspace340

Can't find a similar thread about this, but the auto-start seems to have been broken (I think it was broken by the #4 2.5 patch or the hotfix that came after).

Something stops the right engine from starting - it looks like the starter button is pressed, the two green lights come on and the engine starts spooling but immediately stops (and the lights go out). If you wait for the auto-start to complete, you'll only have one engine running. If you click the start button again then the right engine starts up fine (though if you wait till the end of the auto-start, you need to turn the APU back on first).

• 2 weeks later...
Cannot reproduce either...

I can confirm this bug, i never use autostart but in this thread - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=206152 - Havremonster had also this problem. It seems he is new to the MI-8 so i tried it and saw that the right engine doesn't start. I did a short video to show him what to do after autostart is complete to get the right engine running. You can see the bug in the Yt video at ~01:40

I run the latest DCS 2.5 OB

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings