Using wipers does not affect the new rain drops system

Alienzo

I could not find a topic where it would be reported. I understand that the system is new, but can we expect it to be repaired soon? Currently wipers, although they are turned on, do not wipe away raindrops from the glass.

I could not find a topic where it would be reported. I understand that the system is new, but can we expect it to be repaired soon? Currently wipers, although they are turned on, do not wipe away raindrops from the glass.

Thanks for starting the thread Alienzo. I was a little disappointed that the wipers didn't wipe the rain away. It's kinda spoiling the immersion.

• 1 year later...

+1

It's pretty cool that you are able to use the wipers, but the disapointment follows immediately when you see that the rain doesn't diappear despite the wipers swiping.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

also, when you accelerate little bit, rain drops go away completely. i don't think this is realistic

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

also, when you accelerate little bit, rain drops go away completely. i don't think this is realistic

Possibly , but the rotor wash is angled toward the windshield when accelerating , so it might be realistic

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

It varies with speed, I have noticed while accelerating in rain, you still get

little distortions on the glass that are rain drops being pushed to the sides

but once you go really fast that fades out

eg

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

i am not sure since i don't have solid prooves, but i "guess" it shouldn't be as if there is no rain at all. At least shouldn't be some sliding droplets. see the video

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 4 weeks later...

Wiper finction IRL

+1

It's pretty cool that you are able to use the wipers, but the disapointment follows immediately when you see that the rain doesn't diappear despite the wipers swiping.

It does not disappear in real. Droplets get smeared so much you wish you never used that wiper.

Increasing speed helps much more. About 150-200km/h is enough to getting droplets blown away. Maybe even 120 is enough.

Another thing is that droplets acts as they are affected on fixed wing plane not RW. Instead reacting to rotor wash they react mainly to movement of helicopter and wind.

Edited by DeMonteur
Addition speed effectiveness against rain.

• 2 years later...

I can confirm that this bug (whilst not what you'd call really important), still exists.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 8:02 PM, Alienzo said:

wait wipers are meant to effect rain now?