Communications menu only working on ground

rge75

Since the update from 2.5 to 2.5.1, the communication menu only seems to work on the ground if you're using "Communication menu" button (\ by default); no matter if Easy Communications is enabled or disabled. Once airborne, it won't work anymore. That was definitively not the case in 2.5.

The menu appears on ground and airborne if you're using "RADIO - Trigger radio" (Ralt + \).

I'm just wondering if this is by design or if this is a bug (it's the same with the UH-1H btw)?

I simply bound my button to Ralt + \ now. However, I can't quite see why the "Communication menu" shall only work while on the ground?

• ED Team

It has been like this for a long time

on the ground you can use comms menu, but in the air you need to use the correct radio and push to talk / mic switch

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I simply bound my button to Ralt + \ now. However, I can't quite see why the "Communication menu" shall only work while on the ground?

A long time ago I had this same problem in the testing build, but had forgotten that there are 2 separate ways/keystrokes to access the coms menu.

I'm at work, so this may not work because they may have removed this function, but while you're in the air, look across at your co-pilot, lean forwards and (if the detection box still exists) you should be able to click the push to talk button on his stick.

If that brings up the coms menu, you're using the wrong keystroke.

Cheers.