Help! sound.cfg and Doppler effect

Niki75

I need some help please.

I know what Mode3D, Loop, Front, Volume and Radius stands for and what it does effect.

But what does the following change:

Inside

Outside

Silence

Size

???

And is it possible to decrease the intensity of the doppler effect somewhere?

I have some real A-10 engine sounds I am working with but with the current doppler effect ingame, the engine-sounds just pitch to high in F3 flyby view.

Thx in advance for any helpful comments.

Regards

Regards,

Niki

Well inbetween this.......i have a question

Once i figured out, that if u make all 3D sounds = false that this will kick your FPS up like nothing else....really awesome

but then every explosion far away sounds like almost inside your pit....( distance reducing not working anymore)

so i was thinking maybe in sound.cfg there can be made a good solution to have still nice sound (real) effect but to boost FPS a bit -- kinda balalnce.

what just impressive is, is that this really is blasting FPS up

anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well inbetween this.......i have a question

Once i figured out, that if u make all 3D sounds = false that this will kick your FPS up like nothing else....really awesome

but then every explosion far away sounds like almost inside your pit....( distance reducing not working anymore)

so i was thinking maybe in sound.cfg there can be made a good solution to have still nice sound (real) effect but to boost FPS a bit -- kinda balalnce.

what just impressive is, is that this really is blasting FPS up

anyone?

I've just did that. It seems much better now :yes:.. much more smoother

Did my test online.

Could it be ... :wassat:

Better than a new GFX or a QUADCORE with 16GB :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

• 7 years later...
So where can I find this cfg file? Thanks.

RspSK4G.jpg

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.