MGRS Coordinate Entry?

Echo179

The GRID option is right there. It's just not usable. Can we PLEASE get this implemented ASAP, so that we can start putting in waypoints and targets the way they are delivered by the JTAC? Instead, right now we're forced to use a modded NATO.lua file to add lat/long coordinates to the file. I've figured out the exact section of text to modify (starting at line 85), so it's now not a huge lift to get it done, but it's still a pain to have to update it every time there's a new update.

We've got all these precision guided munitions, but have to convert the MGRS to lat/long before we can use them, or use a mod for the JTAC to do it for us? I'm not sure how much of a development lift it is to implement this feature, but over a year later and we still don't have it.

1+

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

+1 I thought this would come with the improved INS simulation months ago, but I haven't heard anything regarding that in a while

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

+1 for MGRS coordinate entry.

Really can't understand why this hasn't been implemented as of yet.... The grid portion is even there, just lacking the ability to input the rest, which is confusing as to why the lack of feature being present.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria