Whats the story Spitfire IX?

philstyle

So, the Spit is coming up to its 1 year anniversary.. and while ED seems keen to encourage us all to part with our cash for more alpha-state modules, this bird is still in need of:

1. The promised clipped wing

2. Jettisonable slipper tanks, which are necessary for channel crossings if one wants to do any fighting. RAF spitfires were flying and fighting as far as Antwerp, Lille and and Paris area in late 1943, thanks to the slipper tanks.

3. Possibly the the Gyro gunsight, which was being fitted to the Mk IX (at least 144 wing were equipped with these in Mk IX spits prior to the invasion - see "Wing leader" pg205)

4. Racks for the 2x500lb bombs that the MkIX was fitted for prior to the invasion

I note the urgency with which the F18 has been granted extra fuel tanks.. maybe the same dedication can be shown to the other modules?

I think most of us Spit pilots have accepted now that we're not going to see a MkXIV any time soon, and that we will be fighting against the late-war German fighters for the foreseeable future.

However, it would be great to know that this module will actually make it out of "alpha" state in a reasonable time frame and that the machine is at least equipped to do what it was doing in late 1943 and up until the invasion.

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• ED Team

First, it is in early access, not alpha... not sure where you are getting that from.

1 is a listed feature, the rest is add-ons and could be added even after full release. All the stuff listed requires the appropriate info and data to be added... they dont just slap things on a whim, and honestly the comment that the people working on the Spitfire are not as dedicated as the Hornet team is straight up insulting to the people working on the project.

Please check your posting style in the future if you want to try and get answers to your questions.

Thanks.

So, the Spit is coming up to its 1 year anniversary.. and while ED seems keen to encourage us all to part with our cash for more alpha-state modules, this bird is still in need of:

1. The promised clipped wing

2. Jettisonable slipper tanks, which are necessary for channel crossings if one wants to do any fighting. RAF spitfires were flying and fighting as far as Antwerp, Lille and and Paris area in late 1943, thanks to the slipper tanks.

3. Possibly the the Gyro gunsight, which was being fitted to the Mk IX (at least 144 wing were equipped with these in Mk IX spits prior to the invasion - see "Wing leader" pg205)

4. Racks for the 2x500lb bombs that the MkIX was fitted for prior to the invasion

I note the urgency with which the F18 has been granted extra fuel tanks.. maybe the same dedication can be shown to the other modules?

I think most of us Spit pilots have accepted now that we're not going to see a MkXIV any time soon, and that we will be fighting against the late-war German fighters for the foreseeable future.

However, it would be great to know that this module will actually make it out of "alpha" state in a reasonable time frame and that the machine is at least equipped to do what it was doing in late 1943 and up until the invasion.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png